Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. The reason I asked was I just had somebody in a brand new Buick Park Avenue Ultra play around with me. I had my girlfriend in the car so I didn't do anything but I was wondering what would have happened. He probably would have beaten me but not by much.. Those cars are 500 pounds lighter but not nearly as torquey...

· Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Indeed.. The thing is, I'm very, very easy on my car 95% of the time. The reason being - when I hit the gas, I feel guilty. The Fleetwood weighs a lot and I feel like pushing it is hurting the car. So, I've been considering selling my FWB because I WOULD like something that I can play with without feeling guilty. The DeVille Concourse comes to mind. Some extra horsepower that doesn't mind being used.

Then again, every time I look at the Fleetwood - I don't want to give it up. So... Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do some mods to make the car more sporty.. Worst-case scenario, if something breaks, I fix it. Maybe I'll do those free mods (home plate, first base, etc) and then a little something more (gears, posi, cam, etc).

What have you done so far - and what do you plan to do?

· Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I know the Fleetwood would be more reliable.. That's one of the reasons I'll probably stick with it.. That and I just love the car... I don't know...

So can 3.42's and a posi rear really bring this car into the low 14s? :p

· Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll probably do the free mods soon.. I do hit it once in awhile - to clean out the carbon. :p I know engines needs exercise once in awhile.. I'll probably play around with the intake and exhaust (pipes straight out the back, while I'm at it) over the next year or so..

Speaking of smaller tires making the car faster - doesn't that have something to do with the rear differential? I was also considering 17 or 18 inch rims at some point in the future. How much will that send me BACK in regards to performance? not much, right? I'm guessing it'll lower my RPMs a bit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.