Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS
754 Posts
When I had the 2.93's in mine, the quarter mile time was 15.7 seconds. The 0-60 times were advertised as 8.5 seconds across the board. Even the Impala SS with the 3.08 rear gear was "stated" as having 8.5 times for 0-60.

With the 3.42's and Eaton Posi, low 14's are commonplace. I have a cam on the shelf right now that should help me break into the 13's :D

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. The reason I asked was I just had somebody in a brand new Buick Park Avenue Ultra play around with me. I had my girlfriend in the car so I didn't do anything but I was wondering what would have happened. He probably would have beaten me but not by much.. Those cars are 500 pounds lighter but not nearly as torquey...

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Okay. I'm bringing back the dead with this post. Can 3.42's and Eaton posi really bring a Fleetwood into the low 14s? And then what about this cam... High 13s?
You looking to acheive platinum status in FOSS? :thumbsup:

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Indeed.. The thing is, I'm very, very easy on my car 95% of the time. The reason being - when I hit the gas, I feel guilty. The Fleetwood weighs a lot and I feel like pushing it is hurting the car. So, I've been considering selling my FWB because I WOULD like something that I can play with without feeling guilty. The DeVille Concourse comes to mind. Some extra horsepower that doesn't mind being used.

Then again, every time I look at the Fleetwood - I don't want to give it up. So... Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do some mods to make the car more sporty.. Worst-case scenario, if something breaks, I fix it. Maybe I'll do those free mods (home plate, first base, etc) and then a little something more (gears, posi, cam, etc).

What have you done so far - and what do you plan to do?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The FWB is a hell of a lot more reliable than the Concours too, they blow up around 80K or so, without being run hard either. Start getting on 'em and watch out...LOL.

If anything the Fleetwood is MORE conducive to hard running (not that I'm advocating it of course, I can understand why you wouldn't want to that, I wouldn't). I drove one with 210K on it that run like a dream, the guy said he really didn't have to do that much with it. Try that with a Northstar..LOL.

Talked with a buddy of mine that services Cadillacs, he said Northstar is what keeps him in business. Frightening.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I know the Fleetwood would be more reliable.. That's one of the reasons I'll probably stick with it.. That and I just love the car... I don't know...

So can 3.42's and a posi rear really bring this car into the low 14s? :p

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
youre selling your Fleetwood? dont sell it!!!!!!!!! youll hurt its feelings :( . you could always turn it into a lowrider :eyebrow:. and think about this, smaller wheels would make it go quicker. i went to the Super Chevy Show and i thought i was at a lowrider event. one guy with a Chevelle SS had 13s in the front, helps make it faster is what he said.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
you have the LT1... those were used in Camero's and Corvette's.... do you think people baby them around?

I woudln't feel guilty at all... and with the huge after market on the enigne, you would be very hard to stop me from modding it...

... eh, then agian, I don't feel bad romping the 425 either... well, that engine will take anything I throw it's way.... I just worry about the gas it takes getting there.... doing a WOT run to 70 or so, and I can see the gas gauge move towards E... millage is probably aobut 3/5mpg at that time.... and the fact my rear tires are almost bald... well, pretty worn, I'll have to switch them witht he front before they get too much worse...

... the N* loves to be opened up too... but i woudln't see the Fleetwood simply becuase you are scared to open her up :)

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Indeed.. The thing is, I'm very, very easy on my car 95% of the time. The reason being - when I hit the gas, I feel guilty. The Fleetwood weighs a lot and I feel like pushing it is hurting the car. So, I've been considering selling my FWB because I WOULD like something that I can play with without feeling guilty. The DeVille Concourse comes to mind. Some extra horsepower that doesn't mind being used.

Then again, every time I look at the Fleetwood - I don't want to give it up. So... Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do some mods to make the car more sporty.. Worst-case scenario, if something breaks, I fix it. Maybe I'll do those free mods (home plate, first base, etc) and then a little something more (gears, posi, cam, etc).

What have you done so far - and what do you plan to do?
I did the home base delete and K&N intake first. If I only did one mod, that'd be it. Other than that I've added a Dynomax exhaust with an X pipe.

More Pics Here

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Just be good about changing your oil, and if you use mobil one, your motor should last. The posi unit will help. Wider tires helps gain traction. The car isn't meant to be run hard. Get Bilstein struts, and get Tighter springs if you want a firmer ride and better handling.

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
709 Posts
Go For it!!! :thumbsup: I hammer my car, then again thats maybe why I spun a bearing... Lt1's love it. At least do the Intake mod just for the throaty sound you get after you do it...

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll probably do the free mods soon.. I do hit it once in awhile - to clean out the carbon. :p I know engines needs exercise once in awhile.. I'll probably play around with the intake and exhaust (pipes straight out the back, while I'm at it) over the next year or so..

Speaking of smaller tires making the car faster - doesn't that have something to do with the rear differential? I was also considering 17 or 18 inch rims at some point in the future. How much will that send me BACK in regards to performance? not much, right? I'm guessing it'll lower my RPMs a bit?

·
Registered
01 DTS, 05 Vette, 09 Ram 1500
116 Posts
Azriel said:
The FWB is a hell of a lot more reliable than the Concours too, they blow up around 80K or so, without being run hard either. Start getting on 'em and watch out...LOL.

I have a 94 Concours with 157K that still kicks arse. I've had it since 98, and don't baby it, so I'm not sure where your coming from.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts