Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious about what my V's worth on the private market and if it would sell quickly. 2005 Black on Black CTS-V, 47,000 miles, loaded with moon roof and FG2. MODs- Maggie, SW long tube headers (jet hot coated) matted with Radom Tech hi-flo CATs and Magnaflow catback, Hotchkiss sway bars, UUC short shifter, Specter Spoiler, CCW SP600's, Lloyd full matt package, Autvation Grid pedals, Specter cradle bushings. I think that covers it...

What do you think she's worth? Should I just consider parting out the major pieces, maggie, headers, wheels? Still trying to figure out what I should do.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Dealer was offering $28-29k on mine yesterday in trade with 30,600 miles and no mods.

If you can do the work yourself with a little sweat equity, usually you're better of restoring the V to stock and selling the mods separate. Or find someone that wants a blown V.

First dibs on the CCWs. :)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
148 Posts
Well, since you're in Maryland too, I suggest you start parting the car out....to me.
Seriously, if you part it out, let me know what you have and what your lcoation is.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,988 Posts
I agree with Rick.

If you do the labor yourself, it's definitely plus money to part out the mods. Clean each one up real well, take some pics, and market the heck out 'em.

If, however, you pay someone else to de-install them, ... well, IMHO, that might eat into your used mod revenue pretty heavily.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
I re-couped decent money parting my V last year. There's definitely a market out there for your parts. There's a very small group of people that will consider taking your car modded. So my recommendation from someone who was in your shoes, part it.

·
Registered
(did) CTS-V
723 Posts
We should have a "how much did you get/sell for your V thread". I'll probably be getting rid of mine soon, I could be leaving the country in a few months, and I'd like to know its value. I wonder what Carmax would offer?

Here's an ebay example that might upset you... no reserve
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-CADILLAC-CTS-V-FACT-WARR-FLORIDA-CAR-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ300119263559QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43903QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Selling the mods should offset the low values these cars have now (to buyers, not owners). I cant believe these cars are 3yrs old and have lost 1/2 their value. Vettes hold value much better, as do M3's :(

·
Registered
CTS-V SERIES
700 Posts
i got mine used and i think i can still get 34,000 for it with 22k. What do you think. It's stock now.
P.S. And the body is mint, no dent or anything major to the eye. And it's located in BROOKLYN where the car is rare.

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
I think my 29k mile 05 is worth $30,000 - $31,000.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the great advice! It seems parting out is the wise thing to do.

·
Registered
BLK 05 CTS-V (sold) 92 Widebody NSX (current) Looking for V2
181 Posts
how much for the pedal ? that way i can save on shipping

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
i got mine used and i think i can still get 34,000 for it with 22k. What do you think. It's stock now.
P.S. And the body is mint, no dent or anything major to the eye. And it's located in BROOKLYN where the car is rare.
It's rare in BROOKLYN cuz all the other V's have been stolen.

·
Registered
Z06,TBSS, looking for Cts-V
34 Posts
I'm just starting to look now, and I'm looking for a H/C or SC V. How much are you looking to get?

·
Registered
Z06,TBSS, looking for Cts-V
34 Posts
I traded my TBSS in to get mine. Is that what you're doing?
No, the TBSS will remain the year round vehicle. You might remember my TBSS cause I recognize your screen name. I go by Darkside over there and have the dual center exit exhaust.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay, so the parts are coming off!

Anyone interested in Maggie, CCW's, Headers/CATs? Local buyers strongly welcomed especially for the Maggie. It would be nice to have it removed and then immediately installed on someone’s car. Shoot me a PM or email [email protected].

1 - 20 of 23 Posts