Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a long while and am possibly going to trade my fantastic 2011 CTS for a 2019 XTS Luxury before GM discontinues producing it. I may order it since I don't see anything with the color and options I want anywhere near by. What's the latest date that GM is taking new orders?

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
995 Posts
I've been lurking for a long while and am possibly going to trade my fantastic 2011 CTS for a 2019 XTS Luxury before GM discontinues producing it. I may order it since I don't see anything with the color and options I want anywhere near by. What's the latest date that GM is taking new orders?
Probably around May or June but check with your local dealership to be certain. Do not let people get you all worked up over depreciation because the car is being dropped. I traded my 2017 CT6 Premium Luxury AWD for the 2019 XTS Premium Luxury AWD and so far I have no regrets. I have only had my XTS for 4 months and 2,200 miles but so far so good.
You can only get 20" wheels on the Premium Luxury because it come with Magnetic Ride Control. The ride will be slightly firmer than on 19" wheels but IMO not unbearable and if you like the features that come with the Premium Luxury the 20" wheels might be worth the trade off. The platnium and V Sport only come with 20" wheels too.

·
Registered
14 XTS Premium, 16 Lincoln MKC Reserve AWD, 14 VW CC Executive
67 Posts
"What's latest date to order an XTS?"

Last year, Seriously.

Well if you are paying attention to the news, the workers at the GM Oshawa Assembly, in Ontario, Canada, where the XTS, Impala and LaCross and Equinox built, are pretty frigging pissed off right now because GM decided to close the plant earlier then the current labor agreement that was agreed to.

Do you really want to purchase a $50k+ automobile built by pissed off or at a minimum disgruntled workers, if so good luck with that, sure it will be under warranty but do you want spend your time schlepping your car back and forth to the dealer to deal with all the problems that it will have.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
995 Posts
"What's latest date to order an XTS?"

Last year, Seriously.

Well if you are paying attention to the news, the workers at the GM Oshawa Assembly, in Ontario, Canada, where the XTS, Impala and LaCross and Equinox built, are pretty frigging pissed off right now because GM decided to close the plant earlier then the current labor agreement that was agreed to.

Do you really want to purchase a $50k+ automobile built by pissed off or at a minimum disgruntled workers, if so good luck with that, sure it will be under warranty but do you want spend your time schlepping your car back and forth to the dealer to deal with all the problems that it will have.
You make a good point, I am glad I purchased mine in September before all of the fall out:suspense: But on the other hand what do you do in the case where cars are being built by that production worker who is just pissed off for no good reason at all:gg:

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium FWD 2020 CT5 Prem Lux 3.0tt
612 Posts
I’m sure a dealer would know the last day to order would be. I did read that production of the XTS and Impala would run to the end of 2019.

·
Registered
2019 XTS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, yes I do worry about the quality, or lack thereof, due to possible disgruntled workers. I might see if I can find one already on the lots if I can. I also may wind up keeping the CTS for another year or two and then (unfortunately!) possibly looking at an Avalon as I might need to extra rear seat space to drive my in-laws around since they are getting older and their remaining driving days are getting numbered.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The rear seat room is one thing I really love about the XTS. Always get compliments from my rear seat passengers. I think I’ll just hold onto my 2015. I don’t really care for the foreign vehicles. It really is a shame GM is getting out of the full size car market. I guarantee the new ct4 and CT5 won’t have the interior space I want. Plus the trunk will be smaller too. No crossover, suv or pickup truck for me either. I have 9600 miles on my 2015. At 3000 miles a year I should be ok for a few years! By then maybe I’ll get a good deal on an Autonimus Platinum model.

·
Registered
14 XTS Premium, 16 Lincoln MKC Reserve AWD, 14 VW CC Executive
67 Posts
Well, yes I do worry about the quality, or lack thereof, due to possible disgruntled workers. I might see if I can find one already on the lots if I can. I also may wind up keeping the CTS for another year or two and then (unfortunately!) possibly looking at an Avalon as I might need to extra rear seat space to drive my in-laws around since they are getting older and their remaining driving days are getting numbered.
Take a look at the Lincoln Continental, the back seat is nicer than the XTS and Avalon, if that's a priority.

·
Registered
995 Posts
IMO the XTS is the better car. Lincoln much like the Genesis offers a lot of nice glitter but as the old saying goes," everything that glitters is not Gold". It is nothing wrong with trying it out but the New Lincoln Continental is the one car that never really appealed to me.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The rear seat room is one thing I really love about the XTS. Always get compliments from my rear seat passengers. I think I’ll just hold onto my 2015. I don’t really care for the foreign vehicles. It really is a shame GM is getting out of the full size car market. I guarantee the new ct4 and CT5 won’t have the interior space I want. Plus the trunk will be smaller too. No crossover, suv or pickup truck for me either. I have 9600 miles on my 2015. At 3000 miles a year I should be ok for a few years! By then maybe I’ll get a good deal on an Autonimus Platinum model.
GM is not getting out of the full size car business as they are now saying that the CT6 will not be dropped.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Where did you hear that? I was just watching the local news last night and they were interviewing folks at the the Detroit-Hamtramck plant where the ct6 is built. Nothing was mentioned about continuing the ct6.
I hope you are correct. The Lincoln doesn’t appeal to me either. The XTS and CT6 are so much better looking.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Looks like you are correct. I just saw an article in the GM Authority page.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts