Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1991 seville
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
89 deville. 112000 miles. Almost mint outside and inside. Exception being it needs headliner reglued and ac compressor. Gray on gray. Just wondering if I paid too much.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,268 Posts
89 deville. 112000 miles. Almost mint outside and inside. Exception being it needs headliner reglued and ac compressor. Gray on gray. Just wondering if I paid too much.
=======================
Almost mint outside and inside -
$750 to MAYBE $1000 - assuming -
runs perfect - trans shifts smoothly -
no rust - no cracks in front fenders - great paint -
nice leather interior without cracks -

·
Registered
1979 Coupe deVille, 1995 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1,846 Posts
Condition is a big factor, the older a car gets.
Unfortunantly, yours is old enough that it's not worth a lot, but not old enough to be going up in value (yet)

Give it time and keep it in good condition, and you will eventually see it rise in value - if you can wait that long :) I remember when a '70's Cadillac in great condition could be picked up for around $500. I see forum members now paying quite a bit more for one.

If you're planning to keep it and enjoy it, it's most important what it's worth to you. Many people here spend far more than the "book value" on their old Cadillac and have no regrets.

Do you have pictures you can post? That will tell us so much more.

Welcome to the Deville side! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
KBB doesn't go back to 89

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1989/Cadillac/Deville/4-Door-Sedan/Values

Autotrader
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Used+Cars/Luxury/1989/Cadillac/De+Ville/Spring+Grove+IL-60081?endYear=1989&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&makeCode1=CAD&maxMileage=150000&mmt=[CAD[DEV[]][]]&modelCode1=DEV&searchRadius=0&showcaseOwnerId=802407&startYear=1989&vehicleStyleCodes=LUXURY&Log=0&showcaseOwnerId=802407&captureSearch=true&fromSIP=721D483B25E58632DD65044A9F78BA13&showToolbar=true&Log=0

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
If you love it and it's a nice car, does it really matter? I paid $1800 for my 1992 Fleetwood with 90,000 miles on it. It's in good condition, and everything works on it. Got it with new tires on it - and it's a hearse, which is what I was really shopping for in the first place. Statistically, I may have paid too much. But I'm happy. And I paid a lot less for a classy car with low miles than what most people pay for a busted-up Hyundai with the same miles.

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you're planning to keep it and enjoy it, it's most important what it's worth to you. Many people here spend far more than the "book value" on their old Cadillac and have no regrets.
That. It's been something like five or six years since I was dumb enough to sell my almost-mint '90 Fleetwood coupe on impulse and for no good reason - I've been flogging myself ever since. If you really like the car, keep it, drive it, enjoy it, and take care of it regardless of what it's worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts