Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado ETC
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

I'd asked for advice regarding my Mom's '99 Deville when it woofed a head gasket, and after much deliberation I'm exploring the possibilty of just selling it the way it is. Here's the specifics: 1999 Deville with 64,000 miles, great shape in and out, White Diamond paint, 2002 DTS Razors with four average tires. Has a miss and throwing a code for cam position sensor, as well as the head gasket issue.

NADA book for the vehicle without the issues is $6,025.00. I'm wondering what I might ask for it with the problems it has? I couldn't sell it in good conscience without disclosing the problems, so if I'm above board and list it the way it is, where should I be money-wise? Just an idea, if you would...Thanks for your response, Jim

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
I'd start by subtracting the price of a headgasket job, then work from there.

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado ETC
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I appreciate your input. I'd probably get less trading it, not really sure which way to go at this point, but at least I have an idea.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
There is a '98 Eldorado in near perfect condition on my local craigslist but it has bad headgaskets. It has been listed at $900 for about 2 months and hasn't sold yet.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,012 Posts
Fix it. You can't buy a car like that for $3500 (cost of repairs - less if you truck it to Jake up in Ontario.)

·
Registered
1999 Deville
9 Posts
I just bought a similar car. '99 Deville with 85,000miles on it. Bad head gasket but otherwise perfect. I bought on a dealer lot for $1500 (Canadian). I have the advantage in that I only live 45 minutes from Jake. He performed his miracle on it (picked it up on Friday) and it is perfect.

So probably $1000 or so as it is if you were to sell it. Fix it and drive it !!

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado ETC
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lord, those numbers are frightening...I have more money in the wheels I put on it (lol)! Seriously, I appreciate the input and probably should just fix it and have her drive it. Thanks again guys...Jim

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
It is definitely worth fixing. Post some pictures if you have them, the turbine wheels look amazing on the previous gen DeVilles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts