Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2014 CTS V Sport from a Cadillac dealership. Today I was checking out the compartment in the trunk accesible by lifting up the floor board. I noticed a few dense styrofoam compartments but nothing in at least most of them. Was there supposed to be anything in that compartment? I know there's no spare but it looks like something should be in there. Thanks!

·
Registered
04 CTS, 08 CTS, 12 CTS Prem, 14 CTS Prem, 16 ATS-V, 18 CTS-V
252 Posts
You should have a recovery/tow hook and a fuel filler adapter thingy that will allow you to use a gas can with the capless filler if need be. And yes thingy is a technical term. :p

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
My 2014 was also missing the "tow eye" and "funnel adapter", both of which the dealership ordered after I discovered they were missing. Both items are mentioned in the owner manual, which along with a CUE manual, was also missing. Hey! It was a "service loaner" vehicle... I guess someone was "loaned" those 4 items but forgot to bring them back. :)

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
23 Posts
So has anyone found any useful items to fill the remaining slots in the storage compartment? Tool kits, first aid kits, emergency roadside kit, fire extinguisher, etc. The compartment is fairly shallow and I just wondered if anyone found any useful items to keep in there.

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
344 Posts
So has anyone found any useful items to fill the remaining slots in the storage compartment? Tool kits, first aid kits, emergency roadside kit, fire extinguisher, etc. The compartment is fairly shallow and I just wondered if anyone found any useful items to keep in there.
I have the fuel funnel and the tow hook, But also keep the key to the locking lug nut along with the four extra lug nuts. I purchased an after market
spare tire kit and keep the jack, lug wrench and wheel adapter for the front wheel there. I put the tire in the trunk when I go on a road trip. No the tire doesn't fit in the tray. It rides in the trunk
shoved against the rear seat.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium, 2013 ATS 3.6 Premium
107 Posts
I keep a yard waste plastic bag, spare grocery bags, gloves, hat, 2 bungee cords, flashlight, umbrella and first aid kit. The one time I needed spare grocery bags I forgot they were in there. The large yard waste bag and bungee cords are the most useful. The yard waste bag pretty much covers the trunk when it is unfolded, in case I want to turn my Caddy into a pickup truck and haul manure. The bungee cords are perfect for securing a propane tank using the tie downs in the trunk.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
There's some very good ideas in this thread! I'm glad I read it! I even took a screenshot of this page so I'll remember it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts