Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the newbie question... but ive been reading alot of you are wanting, or already have a volant air intake.

can someone tell me what this will do for my cts?

thanks...

·
Registered
2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours
514 Posts
Also, check out the CTS Owners Great Air Intake Challange.
Should be some graphs of several CTS 3.6 V6 intake types as run on a dyno;
convinced me to get a Volant for my 2005 N* V8; just installed
so no real data yet.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Planediveguy said:
Hey B Hoth, did you install the volant yourself? Or did you get someone to do it? If so who do you recommend in Orlando?
Do it yourself it basically plug and play replace your stock airbox.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
There has been varying issue's on this. I've kept my dealer in the loop(massey cadillac) every step of the way. Showed them the V install and the volant install, other then obviously not covering the intake, they have had no issue's with covering all the rest under the warranty. I also have not had to put it to the test yet, but I have maintained a good close relationship with them especially since they are going to be getting more into the mod things themslves.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Planediveguy said:
Thanks for the info! Are there any warranty issues with this installation?
My dealer recommended and installed mine...No warranty issues...........

·
Registered
2006 CTS & 2003 Escalade
89 Posts
I'm glad you asked this question. I wasn't exactly sure what this filter did either. I sort of assumed the filter had less flow resistance and the cold air was denser and gave more oxygen per unit of air for combustion. Logically, that would improve horsepower and maybe fuel economy. :eek:

I logged onto the Volant site and read a lot about improved acceleration. My CTS is fast enough for me, but I was curious if adding this filter might improve my gas mileage, if I continue to drive normally. The site says I should see a 1 - 2 mpg improvement in fuel economy as long as I resist the temptation to see if it really gives me more performance. :suspect:

Does anyone have any experience to share on the validity of the fuel economy statement? I would spring for the device if I thought it really would make a difference. :yup:

I also had difficulty finding any model listed for a 2006 3.6 CTS. Do they make them? One comment mentioned the dealer installed their Volant. Is something other dealers will do?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
xrt4 said:
I'm glad you asked this question. I wasn't exactly sure what this filter did either. I sort of assumed the filter had less flow resistance and the cold air was denser and gave more oxygen per unit of air for combustion. Logically, that would improve horsepower and maybe fuel economy. :eek:

I logged onto the Volant site and read a lot about improved acceleration. My CTS is fast enough for me, but I was curious if adding this filter might improve my gas mileage, if I continue to drive normally. The site says I should see a 1 - 2 mpg improvement in fuel economy as long as I resist the temptation to see if it really gives me more performance. :suspect:

Does anyone have any experience to share on the validity of the fuel economy statement? I would spring for the device if I thought it really would make a difference. :yup:

I also had difficulty finding any model listed for a 2006 3.6 CTS. Do they make them? One comment mentioned the dealer installed their Volant. Is something other dealers will do?
It's a plug and play item..DIY. About $250. It will take a long time to recover in gas mileage. It does make the car noisey but to most in a delightful way. The 3.6 version is the EASIEST to find.:yup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts