Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling the maggie. Ive been trying to sell the whole motor, but no luck. So i may just piece it out. Have the intercooler, fuel booster, blower and assortment of misc parts that go with it. I have the tuner, but i ran over it some how. It works but the screen is cracked. So you need to look at the instructions to know whats going on....:hmm: LS2 kit off a 07.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum
1,182 Posts
reliable sources tell me somewhere between $1200 and $1400...I'll paypal you $1500 if you ship it out today!!

More seriously, upwards of 4-5k+

Please explain how you managed to go 95mph in Reverse

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
I have the tuner, but i ran over it some how. It works but the screen is cracked.
:lol: Don't worry, the tuners are programmed for specific VINs so the new owner couldn't use it anyway.

A 100% complete used kit should bring $4k, but if it is going to be missing parts and such and need a custom tune, probably $3500.

Just my guess.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
Yes, it would prolly be easy to sell the maggie separate from your engine. Use the guys above suggestions on maggie price for here and then to sell the engine try your local farm, landscaping or anywhere else that used to towing large things; they may have a use for your engine.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
:rofl:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol: Don't worry, the tuners are programmed for specific VINs so the new owner couldn't use it anyway.

A 100% complete used kit should bring $4k, but if it is going to be missing parts and such and need a custom tune, probably $3500.

Just my guess.
Na this programmer from them i know is not vin specific. I used it to clear codes in my dmax for some time. Just so its returned to stock, it will work. Its not the one they normally ship out. I just bought it a month or so ago. One of the tech guys was telling me i was the 1st with it, but i dunno. Its red and its made by superchips. Is this what you guys have?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
I would be interested in your build sheet for that motor..... :)

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Na this programmer from them i know is not vin specific. I used it to clear codes in my dmax for some time. Just so its returned to stock, it will work. Its not the one they normally ship out. I just bought it a month or so ago. One of the tech guys was telling me i was the 1st with it, but i dunno. Its red and its made by superchips. Is this what you guys have?
Oh, then thats a different story. They didn't used to do it that way, but it does make sense that they do it now. Up until now they would only work with the VIN they were programmed for, but I guess they started putting them out more like Predators.

The one I got with mine doesn't do anything but swap tunes, you can't read or clear codes with it.

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
how about you can sponsor me with it?

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I cant seem to respond to any pm's on it for some reason, so email me at [email protected] If anyones intrested.
When a mod sees your post they will turn your PMs on. I can't seem to find one MOD that is online right now or else I would send them a PM for you.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
358 Posts
I picked one up off of ebay a while back for around $2800. It needed new bearings and some other little nick nacks. I ultimately had around 3k in it when all was said and done. Since you can buy these new for right at or under 5k, I would think 3-3.5k for a complete updated maggie is fair.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts