Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 sedan deville
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would you expect to pay for new AC parts?

I went to a friends place that deals with ACDelco exclusively and after chatting a bit he looked up some parts for me (dont know what all I need yet so we just looked up main parts)

Brand new ACDelco compressor.......$367
Brand new accumulator.................$39
Brand new orifice tube..................$18

Those are rounded up.

Pretty decent prices??

Obviously the reman'd would have been less but I told my pal I wanted new and didnt even wanna know what reman prices were)

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Those are good prices. I just did the AC on my Brougham and a new compressor from Napa ran me $250 on the dot. Reman was $175 but I HIGHLY recommend going new on such fragile stuff as AC components. My accumulator was $29.

·
Registered
95 sedan deville
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so should I go shopping at Napa and such? I dont want reman for obvious reasons...I agree on the fragility of AC parts...and I want it to WORK...for more than a week. LOL

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
I don't think it really matters where you get it as long as it is reputable. The only thing I ever get from Autozone is brake cleaner/oil/coolant ect, never actual parts. I got mine from Napa because I get a considerable discount there. I just checked and my compressor lists for $319 on their site. My bad, I forgot to mention that in my first.

I would say just get the ACDelco one. If you are able to spend a little extra it is always good to go with OEM parts because people notice that stuff upon resale of the car, especially the typical Cadillac owner who will look harder at that stuff. It looks a lot better to have it say ACDelco than Napa because ACDelco implies you took it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
95 sedan deville
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kool....I will do the ACDelco then....I am getting discounted as well thru my bud...I dont know what parts I need till I get in the shop and we air it up and test for leaks...but knowing me...I will go thru the whole thing. I might even save a few more bucks if I get it as a kit.

·
Registered
91 sedan deville
341 Posts
I just hope you don't have a leak in the evaporator. That's where my leak was and it requires taking the firewall apart to replace it. On my car I had to replace every single part. Evaporator core, condenser, orifice tube, reman compressor and clutch, accumulator, and had all a/c lines rebuild. cost me $500 in parts and i did all the work. I started at 7am and finished at 11pm and while I was doing the a/c i changed out the spark plugs and O2 sensor. It was a fun job but I rather do the timing chain and water pump then that job.

·
Registered
95 sedan deville
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just hope you don't have a leak in the evaporator. That's where my leak was and it requires taking the firewall apart to replace it. On my car I had to replace every single part. Evaporator core, condenser, orifice tube, reman compressor and clutch, accumulator, and had all a/c lines rebuild. cost me $500 in parts and i did all the work. I started at 7am and finished at 11pm and while I was doing the a/c i changed out the spark plugs and O2 sensor. It was a fun job but I rather do the timing chain and water pump then that job.
well....cursory examine on the system doesnt look bad....I have seen lines and such in terrible shape (discolored, bent, hacked up...rusted parts) but mine LOOKS to be in ok shape. I hope its not the evap either!! LOL! Still coming out to be easier than changing out the system on my mazda which never worked at all for me...I eventually gave up on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts