Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What Year

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am heavily considering buying a certified used Escalade ESV, probably a 2016 or 2017, maybe 2018 (I have seen 1 or 2 2019s but few and far in between) depending on what I find. What do you guys think about the year differences? Looking at reviews I am thinking either the 2017 or wait for more 2018's to come off lease and increase in supply. Looking mainly at 4wd, at least the luxury trim level. Any advice about what to look for would be appreciated. I plan on keeping this car for 6-7 years but having 2 years or so of full warranty really appeals to me until I cross the 100,000-mile mark.

·
Registered
2015i ESV
31 Posts
I can't speak to the year differences, but definitely get a CPO vehicle. that CPO warranty has saved our bacon a number of times.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
263 Posts
The 2017 fixed a lot of problems, and it also has the awesome rearview camera.
I'm happy with my 2017, and would not buy a 2016.

I do have that hard shift at 14km/h, and to fix that, 2018 is the way to go with the 10-speed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 2016 and don’t recommend it. I’ve had way too many issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Escalade 4WD
2 Posts
also consider the 2019 or a leftover new 2020. 2020 is the final model year for this version and everything is ironed out and perfected since 2019. latest updates on adaptive cruise, adaptive following, adaptive shifting 10 speed.

·
Registered
2016 ESV Platinum
147 Posts
I have a 2016 and I'm very happy with it. The OnStar antenna, torque converter and radiator were replaced under warranty. Next week it's going in for a bad trans temp sensor, should also be warranty.

I learned that in 2015-16 the control arms were aluminum but they switched to steel in 2017. Not sure if that matters, replacements are all steel anyway.

2018 and on have the latest tech.

Right now the prices of used vehicles have gone up due to demand. My dealer is begging to get mine back so they can turn it for a nice profit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are interested any kind of extended warranty get the Cadillac protection plan. As long as the vehicle has less than 12k miles the price is drastically reduced. Cadillac protection plan has more coverage than a CPO warranty. If you find one that happens to be CPO and less than 12k miles have them remove the certification. I got my 18’ last year with 11k and got the CPP for 6 years for $1700.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts