Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting a used CTS-V and was wondering what year i should get. Also anythoughts on an STS-V, i have a 95 ETC with a N* and i really like that engine

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
if you want the fastest one, get a black 05!!!! lol jk you can't go wrong with anyof them! i know some of the other members will chime in with their thoughts but the 04 and 05 have the LS6 engine and the 06 and 07 have the LS2 engine. also few more colors were added in 05.

this link will show you the changes made.. not many changes but just so you can look.
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/my-chart.html

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
Get which ever year you want, just do a vin check and carfax they are more important than which year especially if no or only a little warranty left.

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
I think it comes down to how much you want to spend and how much warranty you want available.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,080 Posts
The LS2 might ... just might ... have a very small advantage in stock configuration. Most of that is at mid-RPM range only. Unless you really know the history of the car, everything else is gonna be a function of its year and the mileage and those are gonna dictate price.

If you can find one, getting one with a maggie on it would be very cost efficient all else being equal.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
LS2 of course. More cubes!

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
as long as is platinum your good! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
If you can find one, getting one with a maggie on it would be very cost efficient all else being equal.

I couldn't agree more! :highfive:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Go with the best deal!!!
Cowan

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
knowledge on why LS6 is a more unique engine

LS2 and LS6 heads are the same. They both are 243 heads. The valves are were the difference is. The LS6 has hollow intake and hollow sodium filled exhaust valves were the LS2 just has solid heavy truck valves in it. And the LS2 valves are shorter because the cam in the LS6 is more radical and has a smaller base circle so they used longer valves to compensate.
Platinum FTW regardless of your level of self esteem...

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
" more unique", thats a nice way of saying better, right?
exactly

let me clarify LS6>LS2, i mean look at it, its even numbered higher....lol

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
I couldn't agree more! :highfive:
you would!! lol thanks again for that ride in your V... makes me what some WHINE!!!!!:worship:

·
Registered
04 CTS-V, 66 Hearse, 78 Hearse
77 Posts
Just received a call, Going to test drive a black on black 09 at Noon. If my Tattoos and 2" ear-lobes dont intimidate them, hopefully the TEST drive does. I know I am going to have to negotiate price.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Just received a call, Going to test drive a black on black 09 at Noon. If my Tattoos and 2" ear-lobes dont intimidate them, hopefully the TEST drive does. I know I am going to have to negotiate price.
2" lobes intimidating? Just more lobe to grab you and drag you around whilst I lecture you about visual modz...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts