Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum Crystal White with Jet Black
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What model year will the next model of CTS change?

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
From May Motor Trend: "With all kinds of product being stuffed through GM's pipeline, the Alpha-based CTS and Camaro are slipping. The ATS comes first, possibly early in the model year as a 2014. The CTS is next as a 14 1/2 or early model year 2015, and there's a good deal of calendar space between the CTS and the Alpha Camaro." Also: "Word from Detroit is that Cadillac has some stunning design proposals for a new CTS Coupe". No date mentioned. CTS not likely to get a convertible, but the ATS most likely will.

·
Registered
08 CTS4 DI Hot Lava Edition PDZ AWD FE2
402 Posts
If the next gen CTS doesn't come out til spring '14', then our models will have the "current" look for another 3 years. That works for me!

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Also: "Word from Detroit is that Cadillac has some stunning design proposals for a new CTS Coupe".
Goes to show how solid their info is. I read in a Motor Trend that the 3rd gen CTS will be sedan only, there will be no coupe. The ATS is supposed to get the coupe, convertible, and wagon. But there are also statements out there that there won't be any more wagons, period. Most sources seem to agree though that the ATS sedan is going to be the first Alpha rollout.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
If the next gen CTS doesn't come out til spring '14', then our models will have the "current" look for another 3 years. That works for me!
The lease on my '11 Coupe is up in March '14; I was hoping the new CTS would have been out a few months to work out the bugs. Hopefully it doesn't slip to summer rollout as a '15 model or I'll be in limbo for several months.

·
Registered
1988 Cadillac Sedandeville
163 Posts
The current model was out in 2008-2009, so 2014 would make it a 5-6 years run. I wonder what changes they are going to make to make it fresh and stay with their competition. I know that DCT should be one of the new additions and maybe a AWD for CTS-V would be an option too to match the Audi RS5 and RS6/S6 and upcoming M5 and Jaguar sedan! If they came out with both -AWD and DCT; I will buy a CTS-V since I live where their is snow in the winter months for 4-5 month time frame. I been eying the new Audi A7 but I like the S6 coming this fall too. If Cadillac announced new features for 2013; I will place my order for CTS-V. Of course; it will not be cheap with these features; but I been waiting and saving so I can absorb $80K for the extras.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts