Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've noticed some Cadillac auto-dimming mirrors with a compass for sale on Ebay. The listings say they work with 1994 on up, but I found nothing in the owner's manual mentioning that (I've got a 94). Do you know what year they were offered and is it a simple plug-n-play if you've got auto-dimming already, or will it require additional wiring? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
I am not 100% sure on this ~ maybe 80% sure. Beginning about 1993 G.M. sent to dealers a showroom display featuring these mirrors, for dealer installation, hopefully at thepoint of purchase. I vividly recall the showroom display. They looked identical to the auto dimming mirror that was factory installed, (and had that feature) ~ but also had a tiny built-in digital compass in the lower right corner. They seemed to be a GM parts & accessories promotion. That is why their is nothing in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
927 Posts
if your mirror has the autodim feature then 9 out of 10 times its direct plug in installation as long as the mirror is from a gm car if for some reason its from a ford or something all you have to do is connect the wires according power to power ground to ground and it will still work it's just that the wires are a little diff

I bought one off ebay for $50 and it was a direct plug in my deville 96 and it was from a 2000+ model.

Highly recommended I love how accurate they are I even installed one in my 94 fleetwood but that one required some color matching because the connector was different

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. So basically it does not matter if it comes from a Seville, DeVille, or a specific year :thumbsup: . That should make it easier to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts