Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Escalade Premium Luxury
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, my DS power window stopped working properly, then it fixed itself a few days later. Next, that gremlin moved over to the other door and the PS door lock wouldn't work. Just when I get the tools to pry off the door panel, it starts working again, no fix needed.

Now, I think he's in the dash. I get a coolant level low warning on startup (only sometimes), but yet the tank seems filled to the right level. I put a little extra Dex-cool in, not much, and it looks like the exact amount I put in wound up on my driveway, coming from the drain hose running down off the cap and dripping down. So far, no other leaks detected, and nothing in the oil to indicate a bad gasket. Sensor maybe?? Will that fix itself too?

Where will this gremlin wind up next?

Any ideas on what this coolant warning could be?

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
im gonna say 1982..... they introduced the gremlin in 1982...yeah we'll go with that

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Go to your local catholic church and get a priest, some holy water, and a funnel. Pour the holy water into your radiator and have the priest sit in the car and perform the ceremony. Make sure the car is lifted because it may try to drive off. When your headlights come on and glow red, just wait for them to turn white again, tip the priest, and you should be fine. Try different religions if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
but make sure the holy water isnt tainted like in Family Guy.

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
I would help....but ya know...I can't touch holy water......Nor can I take one step in a catholic church, what with the being engulfed in flames and turning to ash and all....

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The coolant level sensor in the tank is probably bad. If the reservoir is overfilled it will vent coolant when the car warms up. If the tank is full and the light is on, replace the tank.
As for the window motor, that's pretty much what happens when they start to go bad. Sometimes all you have to do is hit the door and they will start working. The motor is still going to fail, it's just going to wait for the worst possible time. Ask Murphy ;)

I think once you fix that the gremiln will head to the engine control system, possibly the fuel pressure regulator, if you can catch him in the FPR you might be able to get him out!

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
Nah he'll go from the fuel pressure regulator to the PCM, then after you chase him from there he'll either go to the tourque converter or if you are really lucky the muffler, once he gets there get on it really hard and hopefully he'll loose his grip and go out the pipe!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts