Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an old Chevy and GMC guy and when I was given a 1967 GMC truck I was feeling pretty good. I opened the hood and to my surprise I saw this strange looking motor. It wasn't any Chevy motor I knew. I made a phone call and found out that my new gift was on a Cadillac chassis, with a Cadillac motor and transaxle. Yep, that's right, I have a 1967 GMC 1/2 ton short bed truck that is front wheel drive. Unfortunately I don't know the year or motor size. Any idea's on where to look to find casting numbers it a frame plate, if one exist?
Any feedback is appreciated

Allen

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
Your best bet is to post a picture of the motor. The newer FWD cars are unibodies, so you may be working off something way old, but with a pic somebidy should be able to give you a clue.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I have had a 64 and a 69 Caddy. Not one of those engines.
Distributor looks like my 76 Toronado distrib. I would say 76 to 79 large gm engine. Take a good look at water pump. Then go to shop with pictures of water pumps. That could narrow it down to a few years. Also, engine # should be somewhere on bottom?? of block.

Note old style fuel filter and rubber fuel lines. That set up eliminates most cars after ???1987??? or so. At some point, most cars eliminated rubber fuel lines, thanks to Mr Ralph Nader.

Google 76 caddy engine block number (or whatever it is called) and see what you find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts