Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Which car would you replace your V with?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I am seriously considering a new 2007 Infiniti G35 coupe when they come out next summer. Only going to be around 325hp but build quality (Japanese) should be a lot better than my V. I'm starting to think my V days are numbered. Drove the new M5 but it's just to much dollars for a daily driver. It was very fast but $90,000 is just to much money for driving 18,000 miles a year like I do. The new interior in the G looks killer also. For around $38,000 I think it will be a hell of a buy.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti/Models/2007/G35%20Coupe/Photos.htm
Shane

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
If I had to part with the V... Well, first I'd look at getting another CTS-V. If not another CTS-V, then my absolute top choice (if $ was no object) would be a CLS55. Can't believe that no one has said this car. Its the most drop dead sexy car I've ever laid eyes on.

That said, if I was getting rid of my sports car (see avatar), I'd consider a C6 Z06, but I'd probably just end up getting another of the same car.

When I find something that works, I stick with it!

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
Warning-Thread Jack! :D

I just got a call from a very interested buyer of my ad on autotrader. He is offering me my price after I told him I didn't want to sell. Now he has me thinking but the only thing I can see going to after would be a C6 with Z51 pkg. About 95% of me says to keep my V. :banghead:

·
Registered
753 Posts
My days of spending six figures for performance cars are over. There are simply too many "bargains" to be had for tens of thousands of dollars less.

If it was a second car, I would go with the Z51 C6 (maybe the Z06 but I doubt it).

If it was my only car, I would opt for the SRT-8 Jeep.

CR

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
VELOSE said:
Warning-Thread Jack! :D

I just got a call from a very interested buyer of my ad on autotrader. He is offering me my price after I told him I didn't want to sell. Now he has me thinking but the only thing I can see going to after would be a C6 with Z51 pkg. About 95% of me says to keep my V. :banghead:
I thought about the same car. Great looking and more than fast enough. With GM's "swap" offer, it was very tempting.

But then I test drove the C5Z with a maggie. All in all- including an extra set of SSR wheels/Kumho slicks, alkyinjection, re-tune, ect....I'm coming in under $40K. I really could, really, never-ever afford any stock car that would hang with this machine on a highway/track. (I think it's even faster from 50-150mph than my bike!!!):shhh:

The C6Z is brilliant, but too much money for me. (And perhaps, after my next visit to EastCoastSupercharging, ...too slow...???)

Either car, it'd be a good call.

good luck,
ace

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
This has been a fun exercise thus far - HOWEVER - The question asked is what would "YOU" do if you had to replace your V. Those that have answered with what "I" should do have failed. I already know my answer (first poll vote) :sneaky:

WW

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
154 Posts
Audi RS4 would be my choice IF I HAD TO replace the V. That being said, I had the opportunity to check a few of them out last weekend and was NOT sufficienty impresed to trade in my V for one. I had been thinking about it. But its not any faster, its smaller/ can't lug as much gear on weekend trips, and the engine does not sound as good as the V. There are only two things about it that are better than the V: The interior is georgeous and all-wheel drive is nice to have in the winter.
-M5 is too much of a video game and I don't like the styling. Could not live with [email protected]#%ing I-Drive either -life's too short.
-E55 is fast but you can't get a manual transmission.
-S6 is nice but also an automatic.
-STS-V is also automatic only.
-Jeep SRT-8 is tempting, I might have to get one to supplememt the V.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
230 Posts
Another V. Besides the shitty grin I get driving it around, I haul custmers around too. They all love it and can't believe it's a Caddy. Made in USA is important to me and my customers. Next choice is a AWD BMW M or Audi S.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
WW,
I would replace my V with a C6 Vette with Z51 performance pkg. I'd get some CCW Corsair 1 piece staggered wheels, sticky track tires, some coilovers, swaybars, corsa exhaust, head/cam, and tune. You can make that white with black interior. ;)

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
My replacement for the V? Roll the cash over into a cost effective Maggified C5Z06 like master Ace.

So WW, what color is your 911?

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I was thinking seal gray, but urby has me thinking cobalt blue.

I know this - it WON'T be black.

But that's 2 years away when a TT is available at a price less than my house, and this was just a hypothetical question :sneaky:

WW

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
OK - the exercise has come to an end.

While the wife was gone and my staff was kicking ass this week, I test drove all of the cars on the list and then some. Each one has merits, as you would expect. Taking the V out of the equation - the M5 is the best car in the group. Sure, the 997 C2S rocks (guessing, I drove a C4S) and the E55 is just over the top boulevard drag bitch, but the other cars are all, also, very, very good. I am so fortunate to have been born when I was.

For the V loyalist - here's the best part.

None of the cars can replace the V. Not one. Not the M5. Not the E55, and certainly not the riceboxes. Surprisingly, for me, the closest is the M5 (I knew this) but the NEXT closest, IMHO, is actually the IS350. If it were an IS450 with DSG - I'd buy it - today. It isn't - so it doesn't matter.

In the end I'll fight to keep the V as my "beater" (even though it isn't) and am going to look towards a 2up street machine. This means a whole new search list should the wife bite. It will be a tough sell, but I think I can swing it.

My first choice (and Phuq me for thinking GM again) is C6 Z06 - simply because with Rick's help I can tune it :burn:

This poll has served its purpose. Most of you knew the answer. The V can't be (directly) replaced.

Now, Reed, it is "YOUR" turn.

Lock the thread.

WW out.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
Damn......I was looking forward to getting your suspension. However, I'd rather see you in our camp exploring and testing new mods for us. Keep making the V better for us. ;)

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.