Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into waxing my car in the next few days. My paint is in good condition, but it has some swirl marks I want to get rid of? What is the best product(s) to do this?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
the only way to "remove" swirl marks is to "polish" them off. Many products are available to "hide" them but they show up as soon as the product wears off.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So then what would be the best products to use? Meguires 3 step process?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use Eagle One wet wax&polish on my pontiac. It works great.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a coincedince!!! I used that on the Q, and it did work good, but not good enough for my standards. Do you use a sponge or a towel? That could be part of my problem, i used a towel!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I only use Mother's California Gold Waxes. They work well and they make your car smell like berries. lol:banana:

·
Registered
49 Posts
elwesso said:
What a coincedince!!! I used that on the Q, and it did work good, but not good enough for my standards. Do you use a sponge or a towel? That could be part of my problem, i used a towel!
I did not use a towel. I used a very good cloth/sponge applicator and then buffed it off with a polishing cloth. The application is easy but somtimes removing it is hard. Worth it I think.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, Ill give that a try. Do you think you could obtain the same results by applying with a terry cloth, or something else 100% cotton?

·
Registered
49 Posts
No, reoving it with a terry cloth towel may work just as well as a polishing cloth but I would apply it with a good applicator pad.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you just go into autozone and get one??? I was there yesterday, and I didnt see anything of the sort. Ill check again.

I have a terry cloth, and Ill use it to buff it.

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ya you should be able to pick up a applicator pad at any auto store or even a target for that matter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts