Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into waxing my car in the next few days. My paint is in good condition, but it has some swirl marks I want to get rid of? What is the best product(s) to do this?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So then what would be the best products to use? Meguires 3 step process?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use Eagle One wet wax&polish on my pontiac. It works great.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a coincedince!!! I used that on the Q, and it did work good, but not good enough for my standards. Do you use a sponge or a towel? That could be part of my problem, i used a towel!

·
Registered
49 Posts
elwesso said:
What a coincedince!!! I used that on the Q, and it did work good, but not good enough for my standards. Do you use a sponge or a towel? That could be part of my problem, i used a towel!
I did not use a towel. I used a very good cloth/sponge applicator and then buffed it off with a polishing cloth. The application is easy but somtimes removing it is hard. Worth it I think.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, Ill give that a try. Do you think you could obtain the same results by applying with a terry cloth, or something else 100% cotton?

·
Registered
49 Posts
No, reoving it with a terry cloth towel may work just as well as a polishing cloth but I would apply it with a good applicator pad.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you just go into autozone and get one??? I was there yesterday, and I didnt see anything of the sort. Ill check again.

I have a terry cloth, and Ill use it to buff it.

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ya you should be able to pick up a applicator pad at any auto store or even a target for that matter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts