Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I read some stories on here (online somewhere) about people dropping off their Vs and getting upset about 10-20 or 100 miles put on their car, which is ridiculous but here is my story. Need thoughts/opinions, sorry for the long post

I have a higher mileage 2011 CTS V, bought it with 75k something, been going to one dealer for service (changed the blower under gm warranty and replaced the radio under my aftermarket warranty before this). Took it there to get my heater blower looked at and they good willed half my driver headlight because it was foggin up. Total bill was around 650, for the headlight, 100 warranty deductible and oil change.

Dropped my car off on 1/19/15, mileage was 81,489. Told the service person that I wasn't driving it so they can keep it as long as they needed and that I didn't need a loaner because they didn't have one at the time and I have my truck and commuter civic. The blower was "intermittent" would randomly shut off or go full air so figured they would need to drive it a couple of times to get it to do it or they would tell me could not duplicate or what ever the industry term is. So I figured this just meant something like multiple test drives ie couple of miles maybe 5-10 tops

I called about a week later and she said that the tech did hear something but before they would replace it they wanted it to do it again, just needed time to get it in the shop. Don't remember the timeline exactly but eventually they did replace it, but still was waiting on approval from their gm on the headlight good will. At this time I'm getting concerned because we are into early/mid February. She finally tells me that she was just going to put the good will through and then a week later or so she called and said my car was done. I work swings during the week so told her I would pick it up next weekend, she told me it was done on tues or weds.

I show up on fri feb 27th before work and she tells me the tech heard something so they had to replace the blower again..... I said cool np and picked up my car the next week sat 3/7, so they have had my car for about a month and half. The timeline really isn't a bother, because I wasn't driving the car.

I get home from the 35 (30-40 miles max) min drive from the dealer to my gfs house and check the mileage my car is reading 82207, so they/them/whom ever put around 700 miles on my car. Me shocked I say no way I had that many miles on my car, looked at her paperwork say mileage in 81,489 and mileage out 81794. So I casually call the service lady back and asked how many miles they put on my car, she says about 200. I asked how they could justify putting 200 miles, let alone the 82200 on the car. She said she couldn't and has never had this happen before. She checked the tech paperwork (which I haven't seen) and she said his mileage out was 819xxx which would be about 500 miles. I told her that when I parked my car (still sitting there since sat) my mileage read 82207 which is 718 miles. If you minus my drive home we are just under 700 miles. I explained that many miles in the V is easy 2-3 tanks of gas with the 18 gallon tank, who is putting gas in the car on these test drives and why am I not being billed for the gas? She claimed to ask the techs and said they all looked at her stupid.

She said she was going to talk to the service manager and get back to me, now tues I left a message and no call back. Called on monday, she was off left the details with another service person and he said he was going to email the manager on vacation.

Basically long story short, I'm pissed they put almost 700 miles on my higher mileage V that I wasn't driving for most of the seattle winter to keep the mileage down.

Summary
81,489 mileage in
81,794 mileage out (supposedly) which is actually 300 miles, not the about 200 she suggested
82207 mileage when I got home (40 miles max from the dealer to my house and that is stretch)

Thoughts opinions etc

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
You can bet that they know the real story but the chances are they will do a Hillary on you and stonewall you. Your only tactic is to wait until they are really busy and crowded with customers and go in there shouting and jumping up and down like a jack rabbit. Take the neighborhood kids with you and make sure they have ice cream in one hand and a Hershey bar in the other. Point them in the direction of the showroom. Anything short of that is a waste of time.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,163 Posts
Wow. I agree, time to do a dance on their face.

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
Let the service manager know what happened. Let him know how it made you feel.
Personally, I would never go back.
This isn't quite as bad as complaining at a restaurant where they can spit in your food, but you can sour the relationship.
Do you have another dealer in your area?

·
Registered
Raven Black 2016 ATS-V Sedan A8
516 Posts
Contact the Area GM rep and complain. That's BS. Also, where's the GM people that monitor this site?

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
308 Posts
How do your tires look?
I'd take it to another dealer and have them do a thorough look over. They wore your car out.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
Sounds like a lot of personal errands were run at your expense. That's insanity.

·
Registered
2008 SRX V8 4.6L
7 Posts
Never heard of something like this. And they had the audacity to show the mileage on the reports. I'm afraid once you drive it off the lot they can contest that they never put that mileage on there though. I agree with contacting whoever oversees the region though, such as an area GM or something similar. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Dropped my car off on 1/19/15, mileage was 81,489. Told the service person that I wasn't driving it so they can keep it as long as they needed and that I didn't need a loaner because they didn't have one at the time and I have my truck and commuter civic.
Agree that 700 miles is total B.S.

But why would you give them carte blanche on how long they can keep your car?? Just doesn't compute to me that you are upset about the mileage put on, but could care less if they keep the car until..... whenever. :confused:

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
968 Posts
Might be worth having a little one on one chat with the person who owns this dealership and let them know what kind of crap goes on at their dealership and ask what if anything they are prepared to do to make amends.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agree that 700 miles is total B.S.

But why would you give them carte blanche on how long they can keep your car?? Just doesn't compute to me that you are upset about the mileage put on, but could care less if they keep the car until..... whenever. :confused:
could care less isn't accurate and when I said you guys can just keep it I never expected to be that long. It was an intermittent problem and they had to order the blower 2x supposedly and get approval for the good will. Figured it would be a couple of weeks, I did call for updates multiple times and expressed concern that it was taking so long. But would rather have my car fixed then them say that can't duplicate it.

Never even crossed my mind before this that they wouldn't take good care of my car

·
Registered
516 Posts
When I take my V in, I pull out my Samsung Note 3 with "my Cadillac" app. The app has a map function that shows the location of...your phone, but since your at the dealership the CS person thinks that is the location of the car. I show that to the CS person and tell them, I can see at any time where my car is and I can find out how fast it's been driven and host of other data. they tell the mechanics. I also tell them that I do not want the mechanic driving my car to their home as a test drive. This seems to work.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I finally spoke with my service adviser and expressed what I was feeling and what I thought happened. She said she was in shock and the techs weren't being much help. She also claims to believe me and asked me what I wanted, I said I wasn't sure. The service manager will be back from vacation on mon, told the tech I am haven't driven then car.

Keep in mind, I wasn't having my car serviced at billybobs backyard dealer this is one or is the biggest auto group in the seattle area.

What do you guys think I should ask for or expect in compensation if they try to work with me? Right now the number one thing I want is some integrity from the service dept from the manager all the way down to the 3 techs that supposedly worked on my car and the lot attendants. Someone knows something

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
You got that right. Its about integrity. If it weren't such an excessive amount of mileage I might accept a simple apology and promise that whoever was responsible would be dealt with.
For 700 miles I would want to know exactly what happened, who was involved, and that those involved be fired. We're not talking about a little joy ride.
Additionally, I would expect some monetary ($500?) compensation for the undue wear and tear on my V.
If the dealership didn't do everything in their powers to satisfy me I'd work my way up the chain until someone did. No way you should let this slide.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Cadillac Customer Service 1st,
walk softly & carry a big stick to the dealers 2nd.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I agree. To me, the integrity has been lost. I would want the meeting with the owner and GM area rep. If the owner is truly a business man and knows the value of dealership integrity, he will fire those three clowns and the service manager. Besides a new V, I'm not sure what they could compensate me for, but you got royally screwed. if the owner doesn't want to meet with you, I would get on Yelp and tell everyone the whole story. Of course, I make sure I had another dealership lines up to service my V.

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
I tell you a good one. This as at GMC dealer some years ago. I had ordered new truck and when it came they had person interested in my old truck so I dropped off my truck and they gave me loaner to use for few days, a newer Buick. Long story short, someone screwed up and gave me a customers car that was in for some service. No one realized it till I brought back to pick up my new truck 2 days later. The owner was out of town for the week and he let it there to have some warranty work done and the lot jockey mixed it up with one of their rentals cars, they were identical. I doubt the owner ever was the wiser.

·
Registered
CTSV, Denali
396 Posts
I dont expect a dealer owner to open his wallet and hand over cash. Your best angle will be in parts or service. Look over your car and look for what might have been done by these clowns. Are your tires warn? Ask for new tires. any scratches, ask for body work. I think you will have more success that route.

either way go on yelp. 700 miles driving 60 miles an hour is almost 12 hours. that's crazy. Do you have onstar? they send monthly reports with mileage per day, maybe that will help figure out what days it was driven

1 - 20 of 88 Posts