Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here is the deal. I have an 02 Escalade with 20" TSW Gruv's roght now but NEED to go bigger! Where else better to get some ideas then right here?! So far its between 24" TIS 04s and 24" DUB Big Homies. I can't decide. They're gonna cost me about the same amount so, what should I do? Any other wheel suggestions feel free to post them. Here are the Big Homie and the TIS :

Attachments

·
Registered
E
1,313 Posts
In 24" the Big Homies! If you were doing 26" it would be a toss up. I just personally think the TIS04 doesnt look right in anything but 26", the middle is too big for 24's, but for 26's its perfect!

·
Registered
Escalade
1,584 Posts
Here is a picture of what my EXT used to look like with the 26" DUB Big Homie rims. I think someone else on here has them in 24s. I wouldnt get the TIS04 unless you got 26s.

·
Registered
175 Posts
jrs02caddyext said:
Here is a picture of what my EXT used to look like with the 26" DUB Big Homie rims. I think someone else on here has them in 24s. I wouldnt get the TIS04 unless you got 26s.
I concur with these two gentlemen, I have 24" TIS 03 and although its a good idea the lip on the rim is too deep and makes the rim look smaller than it actually is. I have actually had mine mistaken for 22's until someone actually looks at it:mad: .

"Difference between 22" -> 24", about 2-4 grand ****sucker beat it"

·
Registered
312 Posts
Spittin Game said:
In 24" the Big Homies! If you were doing 26" it would be a toss up. I just personally think the TIS04 doesnt look right in anything but 26", the middle is too big for 24's, but for 26's its perfect!
foshure

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Definitly go with the 24" Homies. In my opinion, it is the better choice because the lip on the TIS' is way too deep as "csmooth79" already stated and the Homie has a much more defined look.

Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone ever do any towing with 24". I want 24's but think they will really suck towing. My boat weighs approx. 4,000lbs. and more once I fill it up with gas,boards,beverages.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sky High Ent. said:
yeah, i got the big homies in 24. I like em. Wish my truck was a little lower tho. A lot of gap still. And it brakes like sh**.
Really?! :confused: I think i'm gonna go with the Homies. Do you have any pics? and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? My boy at Town Fair Tire here in CT got me a price of $4610 with tires. or let me know if you wanna sell your Homies and tires!

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
manny5700 said:
Really?! :confused: I think i'm gonna go with the Homies. Do you have any pics? and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? My boy at Town Fair Tire here in CT got me a price of $4610 with tires. or let me know if you wanna sell your Homies and tires!
Good choice. Post some pictures for us when you get them. You already have the break upgrade correct? If you get anything above 22", the break upgrade is necessary. Good luck.

Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
manny5700 said:
I paid 2800 with tires. I bought them from somebody used. But "like new"
Tires were new, no dings , scratches. etc.

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Wow! Looks great. Congratulations. Definitly get those windows tinted. I just had my 22's installed and need to do my windows as well. Enjoy those rims and I mean it when I say they look awesome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
05 Cadillac Escalade said:
Wow! Looks great. Congratulations. Definitly get those windows tinted. I just had my 22's installed and need to do my windows as well. Enjoy those rims and I mean it when I say they look awesome.

Thanks.
lol > i just took the tint off. Too many tickets out here. I will probably stick it back on eventually, but THANKS!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sky High Ent. said:
I paid 2800 with tires. I bought them from somebody used. But "like new"
Tires were new, no dings , scratches. etc.
Thats freakin bangin man! I want them sooooo bad just the price holdin me back, now someone just said i need a big brake job to get to 24s? thought that was the case with 26s?!

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm gonna throw these into the discussion too. Motto MT100s. I like them cause they'll run me about $1000 less than the TIS and the Hoimes with tires! and they still look decent with a nice lip on them. What do you guys think? the pics below are 22s I'll be going with 24s:bling: lol

Attachments

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
manny5700 said:
I'm gonna throw these into the discussion too. Motto MT100s. I like them cause they'll run me about $1000 less than the TIS and the Hoimes with tires! and they still look decent with a nice lip on them. What do you guys think? the pics below are 22s I'll be going with 24s:bling: lol
It's up to you man. It depends on what you like. I would prefer the Big Homies over the MT100's. I think the Homies are a nicer rim, but if you like the MT100's, then definitly do that because you will save money too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright, you guys all have great opinons but here's another thing to throw into the mix! I am so confused! I can get a RETARTED deal on a set of 22s with Toy Proxie tires! Toyo's are a great tire and like I said I can get a RETARTED deal on pretty much any 22inch wheels with those tires. I'm confused cause I would love 24s but they'll cost me literally an arm and a leg!! :banghead: I think if I find a nice 22inch wheel without a crazy lip on them they'll look decent. Then there is all the talk about 22s being BIG enough on an 02 Escalade! What should I do?! When I say retarted deal I mean under or close to $1800 for rims and tires, BRAND SPANKIN NEW !!! opinons greatly appreciated! :yup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts