Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there...

It seems like in so many threads, everyone talks about the attention they get in their CTS.

I have a shiny one, complete with chrome tailpipes, and so forth.

Yet, I don't get that many comments.

Yes, I hear a few "Nice Caddy" remarks now again, but not more than that.

When I take out the Ram Air Convertible Trans Am, THEN I get looks. Thumbs up. "Nice Car"s. "What is that???" "Great ride!"... Waves...

Not to mention my all-time pet peeve, "Nice Camaro!!" ARGH...

I swear, I cannot park in any lot, espcially Wal-Marts and Canadian Tires (!) without drawing one or more people around me...

I'd say I get smiles at every second red light. As a matter of fact, I've had the Trans Am for 4 years, and have only seen 3 other Ram Air ones in my city...

But with the Cadillac, although my buddies like it, and I feel very confident driving it... and I love to stare it head-on.... I dunno... I am just not getting the attention that I hear you guys are getting on this forum.

Do you live in cities that don't have a lot of CTS's?
Is there a magic mod that I am missing?

Are you guys exxagerating?

Weird...

I'd love to know...!

·
Registered
2004 CTS (sold), 2014 ATS
453 Posts
There's tonnes of CTSs in my city (GM plant) so I don't exactly stand out. The worst I had was when I parked at a mall and a guy saw me get out of the car and said, "Is that one of the new Chryslers?". I don't think I was very polite in my reply :eek:
The best I've got is a few drive-thru chicks say they really like my car. Not exactly the target demographic I'm aiming for ...

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Michael 514 said:

Weird...

I'd love to know...!
No exageration on my part...and I live in LA with tons of exotics, Bentleys, Maybach's etc...The best comp. I received was from Jay Leno....People have asked me if my cts is the V-8, I've had people walk around my car and try to figure out what kind of car it is...(The only cadi symbol I have is on the brake light and on my wheels)..and then ask..and the shock on their face is classic....I've heard people say at different times "that is one sick...sweet...tight...bad ass cadi you got" I've had people pull up next to me to give me the thumbs up.....I've had potential G35, 5 series bmw and cts buyers come up to me and question me about my cts....And when I go to the dealer for service, all the cts owners want to know how come my car looks like that....lol

·
Registered
CTS
558 Posts
I get a good share of positive feedback.

I don't have any mods, but generally speaking, people like my car.

Strange thing though...I get more positive feedback from strangers than my friends.

Most of friends drive other luxury sport cars (BMW, Mercedes, Lexus crowd)--so my friends are actually less complimentary than strangers.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
1500cc said:
There's tonnes of CTSs in my city (GM plant) so I don't exactly stand out. The worst I had was when I parked at a mall and a guy saw me get out of the car and said, "Is that one of the new Chryslers?". I don't think I was very polite in my reply :eek:
The best I've got is a few drive-thru chicks say they really like my car. Not exactly the target demographic I'm aiming for ...
At a street light, a car full of chic's went nuts and were like "look at that- dubbed out 300." It was sort of a compliment.

Generally, I find upscale car owner's doing double takes at it. I got into this little battle with a 745i with 22" Davin Streetspins (this was actually a few months back on my way home from the gym). He was on my ass and we just started weaving in/out of traffic. A bit later he gets in a merging lane to try and pass, and gets close but is forced behind me. By now we were going 75-80 (in a 40). Finally, we get to an open intersection and a red light. Knowing that most of the lights in my area have sensors (so I know when it turns green), I gun it on red and have the easy lead. But this beast was on my ass, I let go at 60 because his V8 was definately gaining and I was going to make a fool of my self.

Sorry for that tangent, but I don't mind the positive attention.

·
Registered
CTS
112 Posts
not that many cts around here at all. where i live everyone loves imports, maximas, vws, TLs, G35s just flood the streets. PPl hate American cars in NY.
neways all my friends think it is pimp since im young and drive a caddy

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
I get a lotta complements, but I thnk mostly because of my age. It's just a shock to people Iguess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the CTS looks good, it is fresh and different like all new Caddy's. Cadillac has changed their image I can tell you that! I had a group of kids walk by my visually stock 97 STS. Nothing special here to see, but it is an almost mint body, dark blue and always clean. One of the kids said "nice Cadillac sir". That is not what got me, but what I heard after they walked past. A few of them turned their heads, then I heard "that WAS a nice Caddy". Recently I was down south with our new to us 96 DeVille. My nephew said to me, "I love this car, but I would change one thing. I would paint it flat black."! Not that it would be better flat black, but KIDS comenting on Cadillacs, even the grandpa DeVille? This of course was started by the trucks which ARE cool in the eyes of the masses. When kids comment on the product, you know you are going somewhere. A Cadillac is almost a rock star these days! Perception is reality, and Caddy has the goods to back it up. Now if the rest of GM could learn something from Cadillac..........

·
Registered
98 Posts
I never really pay attention to see if people are checking out my CTS. I don't need my ego stroked, but it is cool if someone say's you have a nice car. I didn't by the CTS because I thought I'd look cool in it, or becasue I care what other people think. If I happen to notice women looking in the direction of my car, most likely they're looking at the dude driving it......me :thumbsup: On the other hand, when I drive my Jeep, the women tend not to look in my direction.... hmmmm.

The most attention I had with a CTS is when I took my fathers CTS on a short road trip to Montréal. That was back in 93' when the CTS's first came out. The car would get many compliments at every stop. The best reaction was the "wow, that's a Cadillac!?!?" reaction.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I think the car color has a lot to do with it. Some CTS colors are rather boring IMO while other colors really pop. I think the right wheels can do a lot to attract the lookers. I get a lot of looks. Sometimes its embarrassing to have them stare at you.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Like I told in other threads, over here in Europe the Cadillac is rare. People don't know what kind of car or brand it is and I get lots of stares on the road. People passing me solely to get a glance from up close. People behind me at traffic lights leaning over their steering wheel trying to read the small Cadillac badge on the trunk. People in the street halting when I park to ask me what kind of car it is.

But all in all I get more and better reactions with my 70 Eldorado :D

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
RobertCTS said:
I think the car color has a lot to do with it. Some CTS colors are rather boring IMO while other colors really pop. I think the right wheels can do a lot to attract the lookers.
Totally agree. I think it has to do with the color and the wheels.

·
Registered
03 CTS *sold*
66 Posts
Michael 514 said:
I love that ... it cracks me up all the time. In fact, the people in my office get a kick out of the rookie who walks into my off and asks if I have any mods done to my camaro. (insert look of death)

The only attention my CTS gets are the coworkers who stop me in the parking lot to ask if I got ride of the 'bird.... and say "wish I could afford a car like that!" I work outside of DC and know that I'm not one of the highest paid people on site.

To a Trans AM owner .... from a V6:
Favorite thing in the world ... sitting at a light and having some civic rev at my 'bird ... the bird with "TokenV6" written on the back window, yes that one. Any more I just laugh, but I used to rev back.

I made two 1/4-mile passes with the CTS this year, then said good-bye to my favorite track by spinning a donut around the caddy with the 'bird in the pits (after everyone else had left.) It's great to be able to do that kinda stuff with a V6 ... Give me a year or two and I'll get tandom circles out from the pair. ;)

[/rambling]

·
Registered
100 Posts
LittleB said:
Totally agree. I think it has to do with the color and the wheels.
Thats true

·
Registered
100 Posts
Michael 514 said:
Hey there...

It seems like in so many threads, everyone talks about the attention they get in their CTS.

I have a shiny one, complete with chrome tailpipes, and so forth.

Yet, I don't get that many comments.

Yes, I hear a few "Nice Caddy" remarks now again, but not more than that.

When I take out the Ram Air Convertible Trans Am, THEN I get looks. Thumbs up. "Nice Car"s. "What is that???" "Great ride!"... Waves...

I swear, I cannot park in any lot, espcially Wal-Marts and Canadian Tires (!) without drawing one or more people around me...

I'd say I get smiles at every second red light. As a matter of fact, I've had the Trans Am for 4 years, and have only seen 3 other Ram Air ones in my city...

But with the Cadillac, although my buddies like it, and I feel very confident driving it... and I love to stare it head-on.... I dunno... I am just not getting the attention that I hear you guys are getting on this forum.

Weird...

I'd love to know...!
Mostly positive comments, like nice car, or thumbs, up, then you would get some stares from people while driving it, or you get looks with people driving nicier cars, such as BMW 7 series, or Corvette C6's thinking, that they have some competition going on or something. Or thinking that you are richer than them. :eek:

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
:cool2: I get all the right kind of attention. Young to old, ladies and gentleman, all want to tell me that I have a nice ride. Some ask what kind of car is it? Even the police seem to respect it. I've even have a few jaw droppers. Including my cousin who beat me down about buying a Cadillac (he owns a bmw).

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
After I did the V front bumper, skirts, painted grill and black rims I started to turn heads. At times it's almost embarrassing when two or more start pointing at my car. I've come out from the mall and found people walking around the CTS. On the highway I've had numerous passing passenger tun 180 degrees to check out the front of my car. At traffic light I see them looking at my wheels, then they look at me, then back to my wheels. I think they're tryin' to match me to the CTS and are puzzled.:D I also get a lot of giggles over my "Darth Vader" license plates. Don't know why but I feel I always have to be the first leaving at the green light!:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts