Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What To Use On Wheels? I have a 03 w/ Luxury Sport Package and have the high polisher aluminum wheels and am wondering what people are using to keep them polished. Any suggestions would be great.
Does anyone know if these wheels are clearcoated or not, a detailing shop asked me and I didn't know and niether did the dealership.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
My vette has the factory polished wheels and I use the same Zaino treatment I use on the paint.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Eagle one makes a GREAT wheel cleaner, good for high polished and chrome rims. Give it a try....

Personally, when I wash the GTP I used a sponge and some dish soap (what I use on the tires, exept with a brush).... They turn out looking good, but I bet if I followed it up with some wax it would look even nicer.....

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you want to know the best products to use on your wheels you may want to take a look over at www.autopia.org. There is mor ethan enough info on detailing products and procedures over there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i clean them with a mild soap and water if they have a chrome finish then i use nu finish wax works great. if they are alum polish i use BLUE CHROME it is a small tube the best i ever used

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Your wheels are most likely clear coated, you treat them just like your paint, clean them with car wash when you wash your car, if they get real dirty you can clay them, just keep a coat of "wax" on them, synthetic waxes will last much longer than carnauba products.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, guys!

Here is my Eagle One experience. It blows me away. This was all in under 5 minutes-it used to take me alot longer and without these kind of results. Amazing! (And NO, I'm not a dealer/distributor, etc.). SPRAY-wait a minute, SPONGE OFF and HOSE DOWN! Finished it off with a polish of wax but it looked amazing just as it was.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use - and have always used, Blue Max Chrome Polish. It will remove anything from the chrome and leave a nice high shine and protective finnish, you only need it twice a year. You can use it to remove scratches as well- use a buffer though. I have never had plastic coated chrome wheels, however so I would not recommend it on them.

·
Registered
Fleetwood Brougham 1995
521 Posts
I have stock rims on my Fleetwood. I can never get them spotless. I use Q-tips but some of the dirt just doesn't come off. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
SupaFly said:
I have stock rims on my Fleetwood. I can never get them spotless. I use Q-tips but some of the dirt just doesn't come off. Any suggestions?
A pressure washer makes life much easier, to get in those little crevaces.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
If they are NOT coated and solid chrome....there is an expensive but last forever and excellent professional product called wheel brite.....do one wheel at a time....it also takes your breath away like an oven cleaner so no deep breaths. Spray it on avoiding painted surfaces of the car and you can immediately hose it off........does this for each wheel, one at a time.....then when you are finished washing the car just chamois them off with the rest of the car.........wear your sunglasses from the glare.....also wait until your brakes are cool to spray....if they are heavily soiled use a sponge to wipe spokes etc..... before hosing off. I would wear gloves to do this , the stuff makes your skin itch.....it offers great results quickly with no hassle

·
Registered
2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours
1,488 Posts
I have the same wheels as jersey dude. I tried the Eagle one for chrome and wire and I am now a believer! I have tried many and none compare to the ease of use and final "deep clean" look! I can't wait to Zaino the wheels!
Paul :coolgleam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts