Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a similar thread in the new member introductions but thought that I might add a follow up. I am in the market for a used Seville, probably 93-96 and have heard some things abot engine troubles. i know that buying from somebody you know is preferrable but I do not think that is likely to be my case. I am wondering what things I should be looking for to try to limit the chances of having troubles. Of course regular maintenance is first but are there other areas that people should look for. I have read some threads abt leaking heads gaskets and "time certs?", no idea what they are but I am sure it is expensive. help put my fears to rest. I known the northstar is supposed to be a killer engine but I am beginning to wonder abt something other then a caddy.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
PLEASE...... PLEASE do a search on this....... It will save you a lot of time waiting from responses, because this has been covered very detailed and often......

Ill summarize problems with the northstar, to help you locate threads....

Head gasket..... The gasket fails for numerous reasons..... Do a search....

Oil leaks and consumption..... The case half sometimes leaks oil, more common in higher mileage engines..... Also, the northstar consumes oil... Some say its normal, some say its not......

Those are the major ones..... But, like any used luxuary vehicle, its probably gonna have some electrical gremlins, sensors failing, etc......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
elwesso