Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few days ago after i had been driving around town for about an hour or two in my 96 sedan i pulled up to a gas station, and realized as soon as i got out that my car was baddly overheated and i had ran the car almost all the way out of coolent, (probably over a few days). but anyway my point is that there could have been alot of damage done to my car, because i just expected that when the coolent got low the message would flash up in the driver information center and the problem could have been easily solved. i'v seen many suggestions on this forum about what to do when a warning light gets stuck on but what can you do when some of your warning lights are not working and you don't even have a way to know about it?

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
First off, welcome to the forums.

It sounds as though your coolant level sensor is not working. Do you know how hot your engine got? If you overheated bad enough, you should have also received a message for that. Now would be a good time to check your codes to see if anything is posting. You also need to ask yourself where the coolant went.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice. i checked my codes and only got one, but i have a 1996 and when i went to look up the code i found that cars made in 96 have two letter,four digets codes. i can't find any of those can you (or anyone) help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts