Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Custom 2005 Cadillac Deville, Pimp Edition
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the screws that hold my center caps on have rusted. Im thinking I will buy new ones and spray them with laquer to keep them from rusting in the future. Does anyone have a better idea?

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Buy stainless steel replacements. Should be able to find them at Lowes or Home Depot.

Don

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,098 Posts
:rolleyes: That looks like a theft-proof Torx. Doubt you'll find those, but you can probably come up with a similar Allen (hex key) or Robertson (square drive) bolt. This is a long stretch, but if you can figure out the thread, size, and length, give Chesapeake Marine Fasteners a call at 410-266-9332, Annapolis, MD. If it's stainless or monel, they have it.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
realy? they sell those? made for center caps, with the flower lock design?
No just plain old allen head. I will say this, in all of my years of driving and owning cars, I have never had a wheel or cap stolen from a car. Chrome valve caps too many to keep track of. But never a cap. I would feel 100% comfortable with using a non-locking bolt to keep the caps on. But that is just me.

Don

·
Registered
Custom 2005 Cadillac Deville, Pimp Edition
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No just plain old allen head. I will say this, in all of my years of driving and owning cars, I have never had a wheel or cap stolen from a car. Chrome valve caps too many to keep track of. But never a cap. I would feel 100% comfortable with using a non-locking bolt to keep the caps on. But that is just me.

Don
I just want to keep the original screws. I saw a set on ebay for around $20. >.< If I spray them with laquer good they shouldn't rust should they?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts