Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After owning half a dozen V series Cadillac's and being confident Cadillac could compete globally with European Luxury Performance Companies, I see they again are becoming the OLD GM Brand! If GM makes a 2.0L Turbo that has 270hp/295tor as the top offering the why would Cadillac put a lesser version (237hp/258tor) verison in its premium vehicles? After Reading stories about the upcoming CT4 I read its getting the boring 2.0L 237hp/258tor as standard, Them a 2.7L Turbo from the Silverado 310hp/350tor and the V Series get a reflashed ECU for 325hp/380tor? Why would I trade in a ATS V with 465hp/445tor for a car with 140hp less? Then I read the CT5 will get the 2.0L 237hp/258tor as base engine, then 3.0L Twin Turbo for 335hp/400tor and the V gets 360hp/405tor...are you kidding me. This engine was offered in other base Cadillac's with 400hp/400tor standard. GM is back to making stupid decisions again. I can and do buy their competition, but only because of shit like this. I never have been able to buy and Escalade because they never have made a V Series which is the dumbest thing since they think a CTS-V with 640-650HP will sale, but a 650hp or 715hp ZR1 engine Escalade doesnt sound good for $150k..Ill order mine right now! Instead I have bought 577hp G63's, 626hp Bentley Bentayga Speed's & a 641hp Lamborghini Urus. In the past I owned the both 5.7L & 6.0L CTS-V's, then both 556hp & 640hp supercharged 6.2L CTS-V's & ATS-V. The moral of the story is Cadillac used to put it Highest HP/Tor engines in their premium brand and now the put the same engine as the rest of the gm products! Why? In a year Cadillac won't have any high powered sports cars anymore just plain boring adequate powered, typical GM shit!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
After owning half a dozen V series Cadillac's and being confident Cadillac could compete globally with European Luxury Performance Companies, I see they again are becoming the OLD GM Brand! If GM makes a 2.0L Turbo that has 270hp/295tor as the top offering the why would Cadillac put a lesser version (237hp/258tor) verison in its premium vehicles? After Reading stories about the upcoming CT4 I read its getting the boring 2.0L 237hp/258tor as standard, Them a 2.7L Turbo from the Silverado 310hp/350tor and the V Series get a reflashed ECU for 325hp/380tor? Why would I trade in a ATS V with 465hp/445tor for a car with 140hp less? Then I read the CT5 will get the 2.0L 237hp/258tor as base engine, then 3.0L Twin Turbo for 335hp/400tor and the V gets 360hp/405tor...are you kidding me. This engine was offered in other base Cadillac's with 400hp/400tor standard. GM is back to making stupid decisions again. I can and do buy their competition, but only because of shit like this. I never have been able to buy and Escalade because they never have made a V Series which is the dumbest thing since they think a CTS-V with 640-650HP will sale, but a 650hp or 715hp ZR1 engine Escalade doesnt sound good for $150k..Ill order mine right now! Instead I have bought 577hp G63's, 626hp Bentley Bentayga Speed's & a 641hp Lamborghini Urus. In the past I owned the both 5.7L & 6.0L CTS-V's, then both 556hp & 640hp supercharged 6.2L CTS-V's & ATS-V. The moral of the story is Cadillac used to put it Highest HP/Tor engines in their premium brand and now the put the same engine as the rest of the gm products! Why? In a year Cadillac won't have any high powered sports cars anymore just plain boring adequate powered, typical GM shit!
========================
YAWN! :sleep:

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
that's actually Biblical. Jesus and the boys "were all of one Accord..." Acts 2:1
=====================
would that be the beginning of ride-sharing - or the first Uber?

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
559 Posts
Genesis is the Greek word for beginning, and begat Kia which rhymes with gia, so not a Honda.
To the OP, perusing the CT5 build site is good therapy for cabin fever. It's working for me.

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
When I happened upon this soon after it posted, it struck me as another one of many rambling treatises (though regrettably often valid) documenting the obtuse non-logic displayed by our favorite GM division to hate. So yah, - Yawn. But reading a little further I admit being impressed with the number slide puzzle of all those model and motor specific specs and got to wondering if they're all accurate.

The part about "owning half a dozen V series Cadillac's" and only just now discovering this forum made me squint to begin with. And I lost all interest after the second misspelling and never got to the part about those foreign cars he (or she) owned. So, I'm over here with coffee wondering just WTH would possess someone to go through all that effort just to post such malarkey.
Highschool English Comp term research paper that has to be 'published' to get a grade?
Job application test for a newspaper editorial position?

On another car forum there's strong indication some members who bolted after discovering FaceBook have returned with new accounts just to troll and toy with those who remained.

Always interesting to see what makes someone tick. Or tock.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
But i bet it'll have a 7ft tall wing, fart can, lowered to the ground and mismatch color fenders
Hiya, Vince. Still driving the mean Eldorado ? Last night was the first time you've been logged in for 6 months ..........

Ah, so - just read your post in The Lounge. Good for the ol' Eldorado.

Healthcare IT - you need to come over here and update my primary provider's office system. It's primitive and slow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I"m personally guessing he either rides a bicycle or rides in his dads car. reads dads car books and is in about the 9th grade. and the only reason he reads dads car books is for the pics of the girls leaning against the cars,and of coarse the recipies... LMAO DAWG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts