Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgrades making a 1993 Sixty-Special, a “SIXTY~SPECIAL” over a deVille.

The following items that were optional at extra cost on the deVille were standard equipment on the Sixty-Special:-

Power Trunk Lid Pull-Down
Trunk Protection Mat
Illuminated Entry System
Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors
Trunk Convenience Net
Automatic Dimming Interior Day/Night Rear View Mirror
Remote Fuel Door Release
Digital Dash
Trumpet Horn
Full Padded Vinyl Roof
Choice of:-
Wire Wheel Discs –or- Lace Cast Aluminum Wheels
Traction Control
These items if added to the deVille would add $2,168.00 to the deVille’s price.

Items that were exclusive to the Sixty~Special and NOT available on the deVille:-

Illuminated Overhead Rear Seat Vanity Mirrors
Dark American Walnut Wood – High Gloss Interior Trim
Fender Skirts
Electroluminescent Wreath & Crest on Sail Panel
Electrochromic Driver Side Automatic Dimming Exterior Mirror
Rear Seat Individually Controlled Reading Lights

The added value of the above eleven items was listed at $1,147.00, making the Sixty-Special $3,315.00 more expensive than the deVille.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sandy...
Did any of the earlier years (80's - 92) have an option or as a standard feature, the wheel skirts, or was that a FWD fleetwood/ 60 exclusive?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the '80s certain years of the RWD Fleetwood/Brougham had mini skirts. The FWD Cadillacs of 1984.5 to present, only the Fleetwoods had skirts.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
........ goes & checks brochures. Yup you'r right..... and I knew better! Why did I say that?? I guess it was a "Senior Moment" :histeric:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Wow, so thats two FWD Fleetwoods that I have ever seen around here. EVERYONE has sedan devilles...everywhere i look, sedan devilles...Makes me feel very "Special", almost "Sixty Special" :histeric:

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can remember the dealer that I bought mine at had one in stock, when I ordered mine. He said that they didn't stock them because their "average" customer had a hard enough time raising the money or credit or meeting the payments on just a basic deVille and that in 85% of the situations, a deVille was more than they could really bite off. Yet..... the one that they DID order, they ordered with the ULTRA Pkg, with the 22 way power seats, which added $3,500.00 to the sticker! Ummmmm. During the course of the year, I recall seeing 3 Sixty Specials in their inventory. The told me that they sold one about every other month!!! So, 3 in stock was a 6 month supply!! They sold like 35 Caddies a month at the time, so outta 70 Caddies, 1 would be a Sixty Special. They probably sold (counting mine) under 6 for the year. Someone else ordered one. It was nice. A black-on-black with Garnet leather with MY chromed wheels and a moonroof. In 1995 they traded it on a Seville and the dealer wholsaled the car out, never to be seen again. It was filthy but no damage anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Ralph