Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into upgrading the sound in my 2006 DTS and I've been trying to find out what size speakers are in my car. I went to crutchfield and a few other sites but I'm getting contradicting information. All of them say my rear speakers are 5.25, but some of them say that the front speakers are 5.25, while some of them say the front speakers are 6 1/2.

What size are the front door speakers on the 06 DTS?

If I'm going to replace the door speakers, should I go ahead and replace them all, like the center dash and tweeters?

Center Dash: 3 1/2"
Front Posts: 1" Tweeters
Front Door: 5.25 or 6 1/2
Rear Door: 5.25"
Rear Subwoofer: 8"

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,900 Posts
I strongly suggest that you look through Audio, Video, Security, this forum, and the earlier Deville forum for hints.

Depending on which sound system is currently in the car there are different hoops to jump through - the head unit is part of the car's security, data bus, and theftlock systems and is programmed with THAT car's VIN. Do it wrong and you wind up with electrical problems and/or a car that will not start/run.

If the system is by Bose the speakers and amp(s) are special low impedance units.

The smallest true "subwoofer" starts at 15" and goes bigger from there. An 8" is good for slightly humped upper bass, from about 50/60 Hz up to around 400 Hz. You hear a 60 hz thump - you feel the harmonics and frequencies below about 30 hz.

·
Registered
06 DTS Performance
273 Posts
The front doors are 6 1/2 and the back doors are 5.25

Now i just replaced all of my door speakers in my DTS i learned something new. NO aftermarket speakers will fit correctly without doing some modding like building a plate for them to fit in the doors. I had mine stolen and they cut the wires and they ended up being corroded and they took the whole assembly so i had to have a shop completely fabricate something to mount the speakers and wire it up correctly.

I lost the function of the tweeters in the pillars but i got speakers that have tweeters in them already so i do not care about that. Just a little information to anyone who wants to do anything to their audio system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts