Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 STS, 03 Deville, Past '01' Seville, '96' Deville, '87' Deville, '95' ElDo
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 El Dorado: I'm trying to break the spline nut loose on the front hub. I have a 32mm, too small, tried a 1 3/8" a little too big. Assuming its 34mm. Tight son-of-gun. Is it 100 lb torque to put back

·
Registered
97 ETC
84 Posts
Yes its a 34mm,it fits a bit loose but does the trick. If you have a Advanced Auto parts near you they will rent it to you....

·
Registered
07 STS, 03 Deville, Past '01' Seville, '96' Deville, '87' Deville, '95' ElDo
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I thought it was by trying the different sizes and that's the one I don't have. I called a friend of mine who is a mechanic and he's going to loan me his set of hub sockets... made just for hub nuts.... thanks again

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
95 El Dorado: I'm trying to break the spline nut loose on the front hub. I have a 32mm, too small, tried a 1 3/8" a little too big. Assuming its 34mm.
It will be either 33mm or 34mm. There is only 0.039" difference between the two. A micrometer will tell the tale.
....Tight son-of-gun. Is it 100 lb torque to put back
Tight is good.

The installation procedure in the Service Manual has you tightening the nut to 112 lb ft before you install the rotor and caliper. Then, with a tool through the center of the caliper to hold the rotor, torque the hub nut to 170 lb ft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts