Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get some new front sway bar bushings for my 1992 Eldorado Touring Coupe but they have 3 or 4 different sizes.

I don't have a caliper to measure it, so does anyone know which one I'd need?

·
Registered
1994 STS "CADDYSNACK"
84 Posts
There are quite a few posts on this. I would give the last 8 characters of your VIN number to a Cadillac Service Department near you and have them print out all the RPO codes for your car. Alternatively, you can check under your spare tire cover in the trunk. There's a sticker on the back of this cover that has the codes. If you see a code "FE3" then you have the sportier suspension package with the 21mm sway bar. If it's just the regular suspension, then it's a 19mm. Those other sizes at the store must be for limos or something. Another method is to remove the bushing and read the color of the bushing. For instance, if it says "ORANGE" then it's a 21mm bushing. I'd call the caddy service department and have them run the digits on your VIN and they can tell what size bar it originally had.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I looked at the codes and saw FE2 and didn't know what that meant so I went ahead and bought the 19mm and 21mm bushings.

The 19mm just looked too small so I used the 21mm and they seem to fit perfect.

I'll say that STSs and ETCs will have the larger sway bars because they have sportier suspension. ESCs and SLSs will have the 19mm.

That's just my guess though.

No more clunking!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts