Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Pisnuoff modified shifter and started tearing into the replacement only to find what I think is an aftermarket shifter installed already. Does anybody know what shifter this is? And do these look like stock bushings or are they the poly's?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure what is causing what I don't like. And I'm sure there's a bit of a placebo effect as well. Let me start with my first test drive in a completely stock V about 3 months before I bought mine. I thought, wow, what a spongy piece of crap. Then as I researched more, sure enough, everyone complained of the crummy stock shifter. Fast forward, I buy mine and supposedly it had only an aftermarket exhaust and a cowl hood. Well, I start finding other mods from earlier owners and start doubting what's really in this car. I always thought that the shifter in my car didn't feel great (I'm used to a much more solid feel like my Ripper in my 2000 C5, TKO shifter, and Muncie 4-speed shifter...all different but none have the sponge feel) but I didn't feel it was as bad as the car I test drove. The throw is a little long, I'd like it a little shorter, and sometimes it doesn't go into 4th very well. But it's a rubbery feeling, not a gear problem, and that leads me to believe maybe the poly bushing will help. I think I will try PISNUOFF's shifter but it might be a couple weeks before I can have time to get back to it. Unfortunately, this means that PISNUOFF won't get a stock shifter back from me as a core. I'll PM you, PISNUOFF.
I'll post back to this thread (might be awhile) when I get a comparison.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts