Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 base escalade awd with 22's i don't know what shock to get. the rear shock on it now has a line going to the air compressor and the wiring is clipped into it at the top. the rubber on the shock is leaking and needs to be replaced......HELP

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,854 Posts
I have reman shocks from a company called arnott industries, suncore industries is another source, some members have also been successful with buying new oem shocks from amazon

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
wesyder said:
I have reman shocks from a company called arnott industries, suncore industries is another source, some members have also been successful with buying new oem shocks from amazon

^ I'm one of them no problems cheap fast shipping try rockauto also

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Go to http://rockauto.com and go to parts search and type

580-1057

Search for Part # = '580-1057' and Manufacturer = 'ACDELCO' Price ACDELCO Part # 5801057 {#19302786, 25871432} GM Original Equipment Category: Shock Absorber $264.79 Add to Cart

·
Registered
Cadillac
233 Posts
Stay away from Arnott which supplies USED, worn out rear shocks with a new air bag OEM shocks can NOT BE REBUILT period.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
BDuncan said:
Stay away from Arnott which supplies USED, worn out rear shocks with a new air bag OEM shocks can NOT BE REBUILT period.
interesting, my arnotts work great, the ones i turned in were not worn out just a ripped air bag, and the ones i received don't seem to be worn out either

·
Registered
Cadillac
233 Posts
wesyder - how many miles were on the one's you sent in? Also, what you don't know is how many miles were on the used shocks they sent back to you?? How many owners do think send in perfectly good shocks as cores? I can assure you the vast majority of cores send in are very used and well worn. Why someone would spend good money on used shocks for a $65-$75K vehicle is beyond me but I guess there is a market since they fool lots of customers.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
BDuncan said:
wesyder - how many miles were on the one's you sent in? Also, what you don't know is how many miles were on the used shocks they sent back to you?? How many owners do think send in perfectly good shocks as cores? I can assure you the vast majority of cores send in are very used and well worn. Why someone would spend good money on used shocks for a $65-$75K vehicle is beyond me but I guess there is a market since they fool lots of customers.
I've bought 2 pairs from them my 05 shocks had about 200k miles my 08 about 120k miles, both trucks rode fine just sagged when i towed my boat, your right i don't know how many miles were on the shocks i purchased, all i know is they ride and function normal, and if they didn't i would of exercised the warranty, yes these are expensive vehicles which is why i cant justify spending roughly $500 per shock with a year warranty and it performs to me the same

·
Registered
Cadillac
233 Posts
The OEM shocks can be purchased from many sources for $225-$240 and have no miles on them. You would be surprised at the difference real new shocks make.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD Premium, 2011 CTS4 Premium Coupe
164 Posts
Not sure if you want to go this route or not, but many forum members have also successfully converted their rear air suspension into a passive unit using new shocks supplied from either Arnott or Monroe. They should come with resistors to bypass any error messages you may receive on your dash. I am contemplating doing this bc I don't want to deal with the compressor or air shocks inevitably failing and replacing them more than once. Many have reported minimal (if any) decrease in ride quality, as well. There are numerous threads on this specific topic that have been posted. Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts