Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1994 deville
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just got a 42000 mile Cadillac 4.9 and would like to know what plugs seem to be the best for this car as im going to change them out along with the dist cap and wires. all look orig from 94

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 2005 Escalade Ext
175 Posts
Im using bosch in my 92 deville an audi head told me bosch is better but i think im going to go to ac delco like recommend on my next tune up because ive noticed less HP with these bosch.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,504 Posts
Im using bosch in my 92 deville an audi head told me bosch is better but i think im going to go to ac delco like recommend on my next tune up because ive noticed less HP with these bosch.
Bat crap ^^^

Please stop texting and get into the engine forums for your car - the 4.9 is not as finicky about plugs as the Northstar. BUT, DENSO makes a decent spark plug. So does NGK.

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
I will say - I am a fan of Bosch wire sets. The sets I have used come grouped/loomed with key areas wrapped in convoluted tubing - just as the factory set. Lengths are also spot-on.

Very convenient.

Else, take a look at the kits from United Ignition Wire. Great value.

As far as plugs, I've never met a mythical incompatible plug/engine combo - any car, any plug. Any problems post plug change were not the result of an 'incorrect' plug brand. That said, it does make me feel all warm and fuzzy to use the manufacturer's brand.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 2005 Escalade Ext
175 Posts
Bat crap ^^^

Please stop texting and get into the engine forums for your car - the 4.9 is not as finicky about plugs as the Northstar. BUT, DENSO makes a decent spark plug. So does NGK.
did research and found out it is the oil i used 20w50 im taking it out today. A Old guy told me to use it so i tried it . And its just not for my car. Sorry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts