Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has changed their plugs out? If so, what brand and what gap are you using?

I'm thinking about changing mine because I just put the Stealth Tune in (WOW, by the way!) and since the car was running richer, I'd bet that a new set of plugs would improve performance even more.

Any ideas?

-Ladis

·
Registered
173 Posts
If your not spraying or blown, then the stockers should be fine. If your spraying say over a 150 shot or pulling more than 6 psi or so then the NGK's are a good safe bet to help guard against detonation.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a maggie, but i use ngk tr6 gapped at .40
It did a great dyno run.. the tr55 is a hotter plug.. but becareful if you have a SC and you gap too big, it will actually blow out the spark.. thats why i went down to .40 gap.. and man it runs so much better now slow speeds or wot it screams..
5 out of 8 of my plat plugs that came with the v were melted and/or cracked.. pieces missing from the ceramic part up by the tip... ya know where those pieces went.. uhg. i hope they blew thru, so far no problems...

but i would suggest all V maggie owners and i know it sux and it is hard to get to them, but check your plugs before you end up with pieces of them where you dont want them.

later blitzer

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hey Blitzer....Your maggie might have a little to do with that plug problem!
No kidding,, thats why i said ALL MAggie owners should chk there plugs.. ive said several times.. but, knowing what i know now, even if i did not have a maggie, i would still check them.. hey do what ya want, its your ride..

later blitzer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
BliTzer