Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Pretty diverse taste in cars, I'm the same way. Sweet Caddy man.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance
47 Posts
1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. Black with tan leather. Absolutely perfect condition, never driven in winter, and never will be. LT1 with posi traction. Upgraded speakers (a mod that you can't see) and new 17" SS wheels, with gold bowties over the Impala logo, so they look like they were a Caprice option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I`ll need to edit my sig a bit :cool: I Don´t have that Lincoln Continental anymore and neither that Volvo anymore,but I`ve bought a `98 Ford Scorpio Cosworth v6 Wagon and a `01 Citroen Xantia(They probably haven`t export these cars to the States?). And of course my own project, a `69 Triumph Spitfire Convertible.

But what matters, my baby (`95 Fleetwood Brougham.. :hide: My second baby)sleeps safely in my garage waiting for summer!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a 1969 Pontiac GTO Convertible "Project Car" languishing in the garage. I was surprised to learn that they made less than 7400 ragtops that year! (ok they made around 100 Judge ragtops too!)

This GTO is ab so lutely bone stock with the exception of goodyear radial tires (what a difference they make in the ride and handling!) and a racing style chrome remote oil filter.

I reeeeeeealy need to get it running again and out of the garage if for no other reason than to give the garage a good sweeping out! (yes I know that this is POOR)

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
2000 LHS
2002 Tahoe LT
2004 CTS-V

Guess which one's my favorite. :coolgleam

·
Registered
96 FWB
32 Posts
they are below my name but i'll give details.my baby is a 10th anniversary trans am 403/automatic.had some stuff done to the to the engine,cam,shaved the heads,aluminum intake.according to my g-tech good for [email protected] on a hot day.the xjs is a v-12 model & has been in my family since about '86.licence plate reads "dam cat".she is in need of some restoration & an engine rebuild (350,000 km).she runs well but is starting to smoke,& i've got low compression in 1 cylinder.i'm looking for a newer 6 litre v-12 to replace the old one.more power good!!i love that car,i feel like james bond driving it! according to some friends i look more like a drug dealer(must be the long hair!)the trans am is getting a 455 w/overdrive & i'm tossing around the idea of a twin turbo setup for it.the idea of 800 hp excites me!!:lildevil:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well lets see I have the most pimped out ride here (HAHA in my dreams). I had a 87 Ford Thunderbird v8 EFI with balls.This is my first car and I learned so many bad and good lessons about cars with this one but she took care of me well threw summer to winter and I thought that she should be posted. This car was kick as* cause she was a beast in fact that was the nick name she had :want:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is what my fleet consists of:

94 Eldorado Touring Coupe 144k- Just picked this one up

88 Buick Lesabre Limited 3.8 w/165k- bought for $200 one of my best cars
ever

86 Pontiac Fiero Sport Coupe 2.5 w/125k- what got me interested in 32v
northstars (am planing a engine conversion with a 3.8 or 4.6)
78 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup 350 4bolt manual miles don't count on this one

74 Chevy Nova Hatchback 350 miles don't count here either- burns more oil
than gas haha but still my baby, just waiting for the day i can afford to
rebuild her.

·
Registered
'96 FWB; '96 STS
207 Posts
95 Fleetwood 96 SLS 93 deVille 55 Ford Panel Truck
64 F100 pickup 97 Dakota Clubcab 89 Mustang 5.0 LX Convert.
70 Chevy L10 Shortbed

Just sold 68 Galaxie factory 428 CobraJet; actively trying to sell the Mustang, 70 Chevy and 64 F100 for garage building $.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
the '93 Coupe was my daily driver Aug '03 to Aug '04.... (NOT in the winter tho)

Then the '79 is my weekend cruiser/car show/need to satisfy my need for big block and RWD/project

since Aug '04 I have all 3 cars ont he road, I am now using what was my winter car as my daily driver.... 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight Royale.....this car is just so damn cool... 3800 V6, power, and very, very reliable.... dosn't look pretty on the outside... which is a good thing, but the engine and drive train are solid, and the interrior is in nice shape.... only mods done are a factory GM strut bar form a '92 Bonnieville I got from the junk yard.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/367639/5

pics of the Olds....

it now has a special editon spray paint job on hood, roof and turnk (only 70% finsihed tho) and I patched up the 2 rotted areas (weren't too bad) over 7k miles I put on her already, and besides a list of things that went wrong the first 3 weeks of driving it (back in Dec/Jan) and they went becuase the car sat for 1.5 years...things rusted out (rad. brake lines, brakes, tranny had crap in filter etc...)

honestly I hardly ever drie the '93 anymore... kinda is a shame, but I just don't..... plus my nice sound system is in the '93... I need to buy another XM antenna then I can put my XM in the Olds..... I don't know why, but I seem to enjoy driving the Olds more then the DeVille.... I am always looking forward to driving it... maybe that will change over the winter when I will not be able to easily drive the '93.... my Olds does have the firm ride and handling package (struts are kinda worn by now though... still rides fine) and it has the most aggressive FDR avalible... 2.98..... so it accelerates pretty fast... actually, it surprises many people... and a s/c 3800 would swap right in.... but I like to keep it simple.... oh and regular gas plus 21mpg town and 34 city, driving with a heavy foot is pretty cool too.... damn this is a great car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also have a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee. My wife drives a 96 Mazda Protege. I REALLY want to buy a late 80's Caddy or a Lincoln as my daily driver though. My wettest dream would be to find a near-mint, black or coke white 88 or 89 Broughman off an old lady fr around...800-1 Grand. Hey one can dream. :sneaky:

·
Registered
49 Posts
As you can see in my sig I have a small collection of toys. I'm really into the pro-touring style ( big brakes, big rims, wide tires, low springs, fat swaybars, and lots of power ). My 99 S-10 Xtreme is my daily driver with over 108,000 miles (people still ask me if it's new) since I spend most of my time in it, it gets the most attension. I just added the 13" front disc brakes from a Z06 Corvette, 12" rear disc, 8.5" axle with 3.73 govloc diff, and some Z06 rims 17 x 9.5 in the front and 18 x 10.5 in the back. I just installed the Impala SS springs in the Fleetwood last weekend to lower it some and I'm waiting on the 18" rims to get here for it. A few weeks ago I started a Cardomain page I need to add alot more to it but it's a good start. see more about my rides herejavascript:ShowImage('http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?fg=000000&bg=FF0000&migration=1&image=http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/673000-673999/673502_15_full.jpg', 575, 464);

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry tried to add a pic of my truck after the link and it didn't work. javascript:ShowImage('/member_pages/show_image.pl?image=member_img_a/673502_15_full.jpg', 575, 464) still won't work maybe my brain will after lunch. :banghead:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hmm... the oldies fleet:
The 89 is an old peoples special, fairly clean,everything works.105,000 mi.
$500
The 80 is a Florida car,gorgeous chrome, rust free, needed interior and minor mechanical TLC, almost done.105,000 mi. $500
73 Chevy Camper Special worked it to death for 8 yrs. Cad 500 $500
Wifes 83 Delta 88, 76,000 mi., looks a little beat, runs great, winter beater $500
73 Chevelle, had it for 14 yrs. all power options, yanked the 454, getting Caddy power. Free!!
76 Delta 88, 72,000 mi. clean, straight, all power, velour. $200 with 52,000 :coolgleam
70 CDV great engine, fixable body, Free!!!
Composting:
89 Cacrice,272,000 mi.,drove the wheels off it for 3 yrs.,never let me down,$100
87 FWB, wifes old beater, hardly put a dime into it, have taken 100's of $ in parts off it to fix the 80 and 89. Free!!!
2000 Sportster Custom, bobtail fender, stretched tank, solo seat, ghost flames, lots o' chrome. Lots less than it was worth.

I got too much stuff, but if I had the room I know I'd have 100 cars. Please help find a cure before it's too late. :bonkers: :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
'82 Coupe Deville - Kinda beater, soon to have Olds 350

'95 Mustang GT 5.0 - 80k original, mint

'03 CLK 500 - Belongs to my step-dad, but I'm the only one who drives it

p.s. Owning a car and driving it 17 miles a year seems pretty pointless to me.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts