Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
03 cts 3.2L lux-sport pckg
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im sure theres alot of debate on what oils to use so i wanted to start a thread on what kind of oil you use and with what filter

i use royal purple 5w30 with wix filter, i change my oil and filter every 3,500 miles. do you guys think i change it too often and could go more miles with royal :suspect:

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
Mobile One 5w30 as per the owners manual. And K&N Oil filter. I go by the OLM system down to 10%, check oil level every now and then top off as needed. It normally goes about 8,000 to 10,000 between oil changes.

KOT

·
Registered
'07 CTS black on black 3.6 FE5 'Nadine'
163 Posts
Mobil 1 5w30.
I'm only putting 5K mi. on it yearly with not much hiway driving .
So I figure every 5K mi for me; back road miles must be harder on oil than hiway driving, no ?

Fish

·
Registered
CTS 2005 3.6
9 Posts
Royal purple 5w 30. With mobile1 or k&n filter ..change every 8000 miles
every 6months Add can of SEAFOAM to that oil and your Cadillac will treat you good

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea ill try to change it up a bit buying oil every 3-4 months gets pretty expensive

·
Registered
05 CTS
1,395 Posts
I use royal purple 5w30 and a k&n filter. I change my oil every 5,000 to 7000 miles.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Mobil 1 10w30 as per owners manual. 3.2L

Code:
SAE 10W-30 is best for your vehicle. However, you can
use SAE 5W-30 if it’s going to be colder than 60F
(16C) before your next oil change. When it’s very cold,
you should use SAE 5W-30. These numbers on an oil
container show its viscosity, or thickness. Do not use
other viscosity oils, such as SAE 20W-50.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Royal purple 5w 30. With mobile1 or k&n filter ..change every 8000 miles
every 6months Add can of SEAFOAM to that oil and your Cadillac will treat you good
do you change your oil filter any sooner than the 8k miles or only change it when you change the oil

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,490 Posts
What the oil cap says, Mobil 1 5w-30. But I can't seem to let myself go almost 10k before an oil change, I just can't do it.....I change it when the OLM hits about 30-40% or so.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Base-Auto
156 Posts
Mobile 1 5w30 Extended Performance, Wix filter, and I use the OLM until about 10%. I usually get about 5-6K miles. Will be switching to Royal Purple 10w30 and using a K&N filter once I move back to Texas. Alaska temps generally stay below 60 with the exception of summers, when temps during the day get above 60. That's a hot day around here...since the sun has to be blazing on you on a clear day.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
i have always used Mobil1 5w30 but i just changed to Royal Purple last week, and then some local shop had a sale on it so i picked up enough for my next change.
also puttin royal purple in my diff today.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Hows it feelin Mike? You feel the extra 20 hp gain on the White Diamond?

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
Pennzoil Ultra with K&N oil filter. Change every 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Hows it feelin Mike? You feel the extra 20 hp gain on the White Diamond?
sure do!!

the engine actually runs a lot smoother with the RP than Mob1..im probably sticking with the RP.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
every 6months Add can of SEAFOAM to that oil and your Cadillac will treat you good[/QUOTE said:
when you add the seafoam do you just add it to the oil, or also do the brake booster and in the gas can

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
when you add the seafoam do you just add it to the oil, or also do the brake booster and in the gas can
there are a few threads in the sticky you should read before you SeaFoam anything...there is no need for you to use it the wrong way then cost yourself more money...ie. fouling your plugs or putting it in your oil after an oil change

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2L V6
275 Posts
I use Pennzoil 10w30 full synthetic w/ a wix filter. I change mine about every 4000 miles. Too often? Maybe, but better safe then sorry.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there are a few threads in the sticky you should read before you SeaFoam anything...there is no need for you to use it the wrong way then cost yourself more money...ie. fouling your plugs or putting it in your oil after an oil change
thanks man i didnt even notice the sticky theres so much info there that really helped out and explains alot of how to and diys :yup:

·
Registered
2002 DTS
41 Posts
ok I have 155k on mines. I have 02 DTS I heard I shouldn't use full synthetic with that many miles on there I should a blend is that true. I been using Moile 1 and now they have a high mileage oil??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts