Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed both cars are very similar in interior.. How much bigger is the DeVille? It seems both cars weigh about the same.. Does the DTS handle anything like the STS?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Forget them Sal and go for the Cien :D

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Ok so I forgot the question of how much the Cien would be :D

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The new Deville and the Sevilles are based on the same chassis, so there isn't too much different!
The DTS weighs 46 lbs more than the STS and measures 207.2 inches vs. the STS at 201 inches.
The base Deville actually weighs less than the SLS or STS! Must be the lack of options!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
caddydaddy said:
The new Deville and the Sevilles are based on the same chassis, so there isn't too much different!
The DTS weighs 46 lbs more than the STS and measures 207.2 inches vs. the STS at 201 inches.
The base Deville actually weighs less than the SLS or STS! Must be the lack of options!
or less tires/wheels, suspension, and center console. Transmission gearing is supposedly different between deville and dts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Ok how about this. Head for the DTS and tail for STS.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ok
wife has a 1999 sls (she likes smoth ride)
i drive a 2001 dts
both cars purchased new.
we always take the dts when going out with another couple.
you cannot compare the room in the dts especially in the rear seat to a sls or sts.
plenty of power in the dts.
charlie

·
Registered
397 Posts
It would seem that the STS is the sportscar Caddy whereas the DTS is more of your family touring sedan (LOL Katshots 'FTS')

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
2dfx said:
It would seem that the STS is the sportscar Caddy whereas the DTS is more of your family touring sedan (LOL Katshots 'FTS')
I don't know, everytime I look at my old man's DTS I keep thinking 1970 Mustang "Fastback!" There is a sporty look to both of them I believe. I think the older Cads like mine were much more "classy" whereas the new ones are all very swoopy and sporty with a modern twist.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Fake DTS

Both are nice cars. I have sat in both and really prefer the newer style in the Deville. The STS was too much like the inside of the '93.

Both are bargains. They crash in value. Case in point I recently bought a '01 Deville. New it was $44k....I bought for $17k. Actually like the column shifter and the extra room it provides. I must be getting old......

But not so fast...still like the looks of the DTS....

So...make a fake one. All done and said. About $1200 for wheels, tires, paint, emblems. One fake DTS.

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3768672/1062664446989_fake_008.jpg

Logan

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Hmm... seems Ive been having to whip this out alot lately...

For the record... He already bought, drove, sold that car, bought another car in between, and has an Escalade now...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
13 Participants
urbanski