Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks

What kind of dog do you have? I have two Beagles.........They are great.

Brownie and Rufus...brother and sister.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I've shown him off before, but it's like showing off my Impala, I enjoy it. Hoover's my yellow lab:

He loves to ride in the car. Here he is riding in Betty:

A lady at work raises guide dog puppies. She got her 14th puppy on Wednesday, a fuzzy-soft golden retriever named Gantry. I love having a dog at work.

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
We used to have a long haired german shepherd, rocky. Great dog, but we had to put him to sleep when his hips went bad after 14 years. Now we have a short haired german shepherd, sharky. She's just over 3 years old now.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I have a beagle that is consistently mistaken for a basset. She is 12 years old and morbidly obese. She barks when someone knocks on our door. She barks when someone knocks on our neighbor's door. She barks when someone knocks on our neighbor's neighbor's door. That freakin' dog barks when anyone anywhere in the 48 contiguous states knocks on someone's door. :banghead:

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
CVP33 said:
I have a beagle that is consistently mistaken for a basset. She is 12 years old and morbidly obese. She barks when someone knocks on our door. She barks when someone knocks on our neighbor's door. She barks when someone knocks on our neighbor's neighbor's door. That freakin' dog barks when anyone anywhere in the 48 contiguous states knocks on someone's door. :banghead:
:histeric: I'm sorry! LOL

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I have a Zeus. God of all dogs, and worthy of all human adoration. :D He is a bullmastiff mix (probably chow and bullmastiff). His mother was a wonderful, gentle, registered bull mastiff. I had put her to sleep almost a year ago for bone cancer.

Zeus tried to become a "tough guy" several months back when we brought a new baby home. I contemplated getting rid of him, but with with some patience, discipline, time, and retraining we've all adjusted to the changes just fine and things are back to normal. :yup:

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Rolex said:
I have a Zeus. God of all dogs, and worthy of all human adoration. :D He is a bullmastiff mix (probably chow and bullmastiff). His mother was a wonderful, gentle, registered bull mastiff. I had put her to sleep almost a year ago for bone cancer.

Zeus tried to become a "tough guy" several months back when we brought a new baby home. I contemplated getting rid of him, but with with some patience, discipline, time, and retraining we've all adjusted to the changes just fine and things are back to normal. :yup:
I remember you posting about that. I'm glad things worked out well! Mastiffs are usually very people friendly. I imagine he will become very protective as the child grows.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Kev said:
I remember you posting about that. I'm glad things worked out well! Mastiffs are usually very people friendly. I imagine he will become very protective as the child grows.
I hope that happens. When the baby is older I will work with her and the dog by having her give him commands to establish her rank in "the pack."

I couldn't agree more with you about Mastiffs and Bull Mastiffs. They're a very gentle and family friendly breed. I believe it's the chow chow in Zeus that makes him "testy" at times.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Rolex said:
I believe it's the chow chow in Zeus that makes him "testy" at times.
Oh, that explains why his head is so narrow (for a Bull Mastiff that is). The first time I saw a Bull Mastiff was about 20 years ago on a jobsite. One of the guys had a 9 month old puupy in the back of his truck. I didn't know it and when I walked by the 'little' guy raised his head. Huge black face, very calm and gentle but it took me by surprise!

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
687 Posts
We have one boarder collie/collie mix that we adopted. He came from an abusive house hold (doesnt like anyone play fighting). Also have a black lab/springer spaniel. All black with a white line down her chest. Cant find a small enough pic of her though. fast66 I have to say I love your dog. One day I want a Siberian Huskey with 2 different colored eyes. Though I could go with husky/wolf! Pets are great minus hair! Got to love the companions they turn into. Just a shame whem they pass on.

MacK

Attachments

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
My grandparents have a Black Lab named Sade. Very affectionate dog, with a great personality. I play with her everytime I go up to see them.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I have three Gordon Setters, and a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel.

Gordon Setters are Oscar, Aston and Tam.

The King Charles is named Tasmin, shes the boss of all the guys.

This is Oscar, he is three years old, my other two just look like him so I'll put this one in:

This is Tasmin, shes six years old, and she is the ultimate ruler:

We've had alot of dogs over the years, mostly setters, bu with the odd one thrown in, like we had a Golden Lab that thought it was one of the setters, and a chocolate lab that thought it was alot smaller than it was.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Rolex said:
Rolex,
Thought you might enjoy knowing that breeding the Mastiff with a Chow produces a Sharpei. I had one. It was a dog from Hell. Mean bastrd hung himself.

Now I have a Black Lab. Most loving dog in the world. Damn dog thinks he's a lap dog!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts