Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Sedan Deville 44,000 original miles
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Caddy last month. A 1990 Deville. I am still trying to figure out exactly what is standard on this car and what are the options (like the white leather interior). Was this the standard wheel, or is this some type of optional premium wheel? Any help appreciated.

Bill

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Those are the optional lace spoke wheels, I think 1990 was the first year they were available. I've got the same ones on my '92.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,973 Posts
My '92 had those Lace wheels. I think they were the nicest wheels Cadillac ever had.

·
Registered
1990 Sedan Deville 44,000 original miles
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the replys guys, and of coursem you were right. About a week before I posted this I got a 1990 Cadillac Broshure on EBay. Well it came in the mail today and has a lot of cool stuff I wanted to know about my car. As far as the "Lace" wheel goes - it was standard on the Fleetwood, an option on the Deville, and not even an option on the Brougham.

Thanx for the good info-
Bill

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Yep! Only offered on the 1990-93 deVilles, FWD Fleetwoods and Sixty Specials. You could not get them on any Seville, Eldorado, Allante or Brougham/ RWD Fleetwood.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Ahh shit you were right!! They were standard on the 90 & 91 Sevilles.

·
Registered
81 Eldorado, 91 Sedan DeVille, 91, Fleewtwood, 92 Brougham
203 Posts
Your right...they were available on the 90 & 91 Seville, the center cap, however was different...the black center was smaller and it didn't say Cadillac Motor Car Division.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Only downside is those things are a PITA to get really clean. They look sharp though.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Only downside is those things are a PITA to get really clean. They look sharp though.
An old electric toothbrush (I think I have a Crest Spinbrush) will fit easily inside each of the spokes, and with a good wheel cleaner, you can get most of the brake dust. I posted a thread with photos here.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan DeVille
35 Posts
Question, anyone know where I could get a replacement set of the center caps, the ones that say Cadillac Motor Car Division? I have the lace wheels, with those center pieces, but two of them, the black part with the emblem is gone, and I would like to get my car looking better as I can.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Question, anyone know where I could get a replacement set of the center caps, the ones that say Cadillac Motor Car Division? I have the lace wheels, with those center pieces, but two of them, the black part with the emblem is gone, and I would like to get my car looking better as I can.
eBay is a good source. I found a set with the wreath & crest in color, then sold my old silver caps for almost as much as a I paid for the new ones.

There are several listed on eBay right now; just check the pictures and descriptions carefully to make sure you're getting OEM caps and not those cheap knock-off versions that don't have the real Cadillac emblem.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just thought I'd chime in... I believe they came as an option on '89 Fleetwoods, correct? (A.K.A. Teardrop Aluminum wheels?) My coupe's R.P.O. revealed that the car rolled off of the assembly line with the wire wheel covers. I'm going to make a broad assumption that the dealership it was delivered to in June of '89 decided to switch the wires with another car. I believe only the Fleetwoods or DeVilles with the gold package came with the black with gold crest and wreath center cap. Here's some pics:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts