Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Cadillac Brougham 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 SLS and there is a couple places on the driver's door pilar where the paint is scraped off. I know it is not the same paint as the body because it isn't shiny. It it just a base coat without the clear or some kinda of special matte paint? I would like to touch this up, but just not sure what kind of paint to use. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Why don't use get chrome door pillars for your car ? ;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
It's a flat black paint. You can buy it in a spray can form (aerosole). Use fine drit sandpaper to smooth out the edges and ScotchBrite the rest.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Mine is just faded on driver's side only - strange. In any event, anybody know if they make the chrome pillar overlays in black??? That would be perfect since I am not confident in my painting skills.

ALSO, if anybody has a Tan or Bronze SLS or STS with the chrome/stainless pillars, could you post a photo? It would be greatly appreciated to help me decide if I want to go with that or pay a bodyshop to repaint the pillars.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Mine is just faded on driver's side only - strange. In any event, anybody know if they make the chrome pillar overlays in black??? That would be perfect since I am not confident in my painting skills.

ALSO, if anybody has a Tan or Bronze SLS or STS with the chrome/stainless pillars, could you post a photo? It would be greatly appreciated to help me decide if I want to go with that or pay a bodyshop to repaint the pillars.
Let me put it this way. If I can paint the pillars and not screw them up, than anybody can do it. Use the flat black paint from Walmart or any hardware store. It does not lump up like enamel. I have painted a dozen cars over the past few years. No problem. Try it. You can always clean it up with a little alcohol or gasoline??

Try not to blow up your garage.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Ok. Thanks, I will give it a shot.

Any recommendations on what to clean it with (prep) first? I have some 3M adhesive cleaner that seems to take just about any wax or adhesive off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts