Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 2014
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What kind of lawyer do you need whey going after warranty/lemon law issues? Consumer Protection?

Have a 2014 CTS. (used).. CPO though!..

Brought it back within the first week/month of having the car.. with the issue of 'wobble' when driving..

Fast forward close to 2 years... 6-10 services (for same issue).. and still not fixed.

They had stated:

* Cant replicate it
* Card drives as expected (one time I took a picture of the mileage, when I picked it up.. it had only changed 1 mile!!!!!).. they totally didnt drive it or check it out at all.

When I mandate that a TECH goes with me on a drive together.. they have ALWAYS said they feel it..

They tried a new hub
They sold me into new tires (then after requesting to keep and pick up my old tires to get them inspected.. they were mysteriously not available any more when I showed up)

Still no fix.

I ask for a service history report...

And what do I find? a previous owner (the one they lied to me about and tried to hide his carfax report, when they stated there was only 1 previous owner..when there were 2).. got in an accident/hit a pot hole where he needed a new rim/tire!

100% validating the same issue I had been bringing my car there for!!!! (not sure why they were being jerks if this was a previously known issue)..

I bring it back YET again.. I complain to the service manager.. saying this is no longer acceptable....yadda yadda..

I get a call saying well.. 3/4 rims are bent.

So why did they replace a hub? Why did they try up sell me tires..

its clear they never checked the rims before.. and now they wont stand behind them.. or the COP warranty.. or the existing problem before I purchased the car!

Dealership:
Frank Boucher Cadillac
Racine, WI.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!.. They are crooks and liars at best! (in my opinion) <-- better!?

So where do I go from here?

I am willing to go down the lawyer route at this point (too much on monthly payment and insurance to have a damaged car to put up with any further)

I have been patient.. I have brought it there.. and they have just pushed me around..wasted months if not years on this issue...

What kind of lawyer?

Can I go directly to GM about these low-budget dealers that represent them?

All (constructive) suggestions [email protected]

thanks

·
Registered
CTS 2014
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so.

It truly is a poor representation of Cadillac if a dealer behaves this way on their behalf.

The reality is... this is not that a big of an issue for them to just do right by.

Its their fault.. (either from the beginning with the previous owner, up to when they were doing non-needed repairs for the issue, they mis-diagnosed)

All I'm asking for is them to do the right thing.. not trying to 'get one over' on anyone. Just do your jobs professionally, stand behind the car and warranty.. (geez)

They should rescind their Cadillac dealership contract with them.. they do not deserve it.

3rd Cadillac, and I have never had to deal with such non-sense.. (I can promise you that if this isnt addressed correctly, it will be last unfortunately)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,651 Posts
dkoz, They work for the firm of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

There's also a really great Japanese American lemon law firm in DC - easy to find in the yellow pages - Lawyers - Sosumi.

·
Registered
CTS 2014
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunate you think so.. (and you have no real clue of facts, so its just more trolling comments from you)

Both lawyers I talked to said that all fees would be recovered after the case was won.

After supplying them both with the service report of my 'adventures' with them.. along with the two previous owners incidents, both agreed this is an issue they should have addressed before the car was sold, and at the very least should have done the correct diagnosis any of the 6-10 times "I" personally brought the car there.
but thats ok.. you guys can continue to be 'dealership supporters' (boot-lickers) if you like.

The facts hold up on their own.

Thanks for all the positive and constructive feedback! (when all the post title requested was what TYPE of lawyer needs to be sought out)..

(sigh)

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,615 Posts
here's another thought: GM has boatloads of attorneys who might consider your comment (quoted below) as libel. If they did, your attorney would not defend you on a contingency basis. In libel and slander cases, truth is a complete defense, so in order to win you would have to prove that your statement is true.

You said:

"Dealership:
Frank Boucher Cadillac
Racine, WI.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!.. They are crooks and liars at best! :

·
Registered
CTS 2014
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
They might.. and they have every right to do so.

However.. as first amendment protect FREE SPEECH..

I am allowed to say and share my experiences as I see fit.

There is no other way to explain the the dealing with them. If they say one thing and another person says something that contradicts the prior statement.. or the facts prove otherwise.. IT'S A LIE.

There is no changing the facts no matter how much you want to support them. The truth is always the truth.

And 'in order to win'.. the facts have to ( and are) speak for themselves.

There own records, their own mis-communication, their own mis-diagnosis (all documented) already 'proves' the statement.

And just because they 'apologize' doesnt make it a NOT a lie. (its means they were caught) Period.

'GM' can lawyer up all they want... (for what?).. The fact is they still have not addressed the facts/issues about the car. They performed unnecessary 'fixes'.. offered suggestions for 'paid' fixes that didnt pertain to the actual issue(s).

** Not to mention they would have to PROVE (not me) that my comment of MY alleged experience with them, cause them damage and how. (so knock it off, what-a-reach, geez) (sigh)

So be snarky all you want,, still has no bearing on the 'facts' at hand. (but I see how easy it is for you disregard the past service history non-sense, in an attempt be (I dont know) 'cool' and antagonistic?)

There are PLENTY of posts around who have ragged on their deals customer service and service behavior/results. (give me a break)

Just another 'dealership' supporter in my opinion. (which is such a surprise to me that so many people kiss-butt instead of standing behind what is just plain old 'right' here)
Sorry your post holds no weight with me or in this thread.

Some people were raised different I guess.

If you didnt come to offer help or advice.. why didnt you just skip over the post? You have added nothing helpful? Nobody made you post here... what was your point? +1 post count?

·
Registered
CTS 2014
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This thread has no use here any more.. the request for what type of lawyer one needs, was never answered.. and the remaining posts (largely) have not been constructive or helpful in ANY way.

Just bunch of non-sense, trolling posts (due to boredom I presume?) None of which help other forum members. (you'd think as moderators, you'd be above snarky posts and trolling behavior)..

Please close this thread.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,651 Posts
Please lighten up and let the thread work - obviously you never heard from CCC (it's weekend time, though) - and, unfortunately, we have seen so many lemon law lawyer requests concerning GM that a bit of side levity tends to creep in. 4 responses to your question (1 direct answer), in a relatively dead thread/forum, is very few.

In all honesty, watch your local TV and find one of those law firms that advertise "If you have an accident, then you have a lawyer!".

I can tell you that, if you do hear from CCC, you will be referred back to your dealership for resolution.

·
Registered
CTS 2014
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh.. I'm all good (now).. (since Wednesday actually)

I have a lawyer, and things are in motion. (offered many options from initial call and/or letter, to flat out litigation filing.. the later being much more of course!.. lol)

And I appreciate you alerting me to when "CCC" last logged in..

What I dont need is 'opinions' on lawyer costs vs car costs, and threats of litigation, especially from someone who sides with the dealer/GM no matter what (hardly biased it seems) :bigroll:

There has been only 1 'answer/reply'....the rest has turned this thread to junk, and a 'dog & pony' show. (unfortunate)

If one thinks 'lemon law' questions are beneath them and/or a joke, then nobody is making ANYONE respond. (feel free to skip over the thread)

I know CCC will reach out to the dealer and I'd be referred back to them.. still better than myself having to defend myself (yet again)..

please, there is nothing more to gain from snarky replies that have nothing constructive to add, close this thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.