Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of gas mileage you guys are getting on the CTS. I have a '04 with the 3.6 auto. 21 mpg on the first tank 50/50 highway/city. The DIC was very close to the calculated mileage.

·
Registered
103 Posts
bigkite said:
Just wondering what kind of gas mileage you guys are getting on the CTS. I have a '04 with the 3.6 auto. 21 mpg on the first tank 50/50 highway/city. The DIC was very close to the calculated mileage.
I think I'm getting about the same. I'm switching between 91 and 89 octane, every other tank. Do you know how big the tank is? It seems small.

·
Registered
ATS AWD Luxury Turbo
150 Posts
I'm getting about 21 in mostly city driving. Right now it's 20.9 for the last 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
I have a bit under 1000 miles on my CTS and I'm getting about 23 mpg overall. I assume it will go up a bit over time. My vette, that gets 25 mpg overall, is still my "economy" car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
c5 rv said:
I have a bit under 1000 miles on my CTS and I'm getting about 23 mpg overall. I assume it will go up a bit over time. My vette, that gets 25 mpg overall, is still my "economy" car.
I averaged 26mpg today driving all over central and northern Indiana. City is around 20, less in sport mode. ;)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
188 Posts
My first time posting here! Hello to all!

30 mpg?!?!? Must be nice. If I drive reeeeeal calm...like grandma calm I'm getting 23-24 in city/highway combo driving. I have en extremely difficult time not giving in to that darned right pedal!!! :coolgleam

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm getting about 24 1/2 mpg in about 50/50 city/hw driving (2003 CTS, 3.2L engine, manual tranny). Not too shabby for a car that is relatively heavy for it's class.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My CTS is 16 months old and it now gets 29 MPG HWY and 22 MPG city.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2004 3.6

My drive is half highway and half local streets (not like NYC streets, country streets!). I vary between 20-21 all the time. 3,000 miles. Never seen more than 21.5 and that was with the better half driving. I live in somewhat hilly connecticut, not flat mid west roads!

Those getting more must be REALLY gentle with the right foot. I don't think there is ever a day where I don't get close to redline at least once, but I am not beating it all the time.

For comparison, my 6-speed C5 vette gets 19 on the same drive. 25 on a long drive using 6th is possible (but no fun at all).

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
An update: I've run two tanks of 93 octane premium through the CTS and my average mileage has gone up about .5 MPG to 23.4.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
188 Posts
Bet it is the diff bet 3.2 and 3.6L engine. Also, auto vs manual. I have been getting 20-22 depending, but that is me driving very conservative.

Normal driving for me (which means like I stole it...) and I average 17-18. :devil:

·
Registered
36 Posts
We all do that! :lildevil:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had my car almost 2 months and average MPG of ~18mpg driving around the rolling hills of Pittsburgh. If I'm on the highway I tend to get about 24mpg. I probably could be a little more conservative but it feels SOOO good to "play" in sports mode! :)

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black
187 Posts
03 with about 5300 miles. This winter mostly city driving I average about 19 mpg. With the reformulated gas in the winter my mileage dropped about 2 mpg. Car is driven all of the time in Sport mode.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For those of you putting high octane premium fuel in your 3.6, you are literally pouring money down the drain (or out the exhaust). It will NOT improve fuel economy nor produce any measurable performance improvement. Manufacturer's recomendations are there for several purposes, one of which is to help you avoid costly mistakes (especially with a high tech engine like this. It is not your father's iron block, carburated V-8). To quote a phrase, "pouring more fuel on the fire only singes your eyebrows". Seems appropriate to the isssue.

For the record I am getting a pitiful 17 MPG in heavy stop and go driving, sitting at interminable red lights in Florida. BUT I LOVE MY 1SC!

·
Registered
2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe
139 Posts
22.6 MPG on freeway. just drove 150 miles from home to school... and im not gentle with the gas either. 2004 1sa 3.6L auto

·
Registered
36 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts