Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what everyone on the forum did for a source of income.

I am a chef at a hotel :bouncy: LOL.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Jesda said:
Student.

IT guy, working for my folks. I dont get to work much, but I do get healthcare and a gas allowance.
Jesda, you oughta see if you can get Mom to throw in a few meals so you don't have to get any more of those nasty McRib thingies! :D

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
I am working at a world leading cell phone deisgn company in Chicagoland, my current project just shipping is called E770, next is going to be much cooler! I write component specifications and qualify parts for those cell phones, working with the electrical component suppliers to develop the parts and supply them to us and the qualification info that we need. I used to work in the factory on them analyzing manufacturing failures. Then got into Engineering and learned Mentor Graphics and the mess of Automotive parts qualification. I have been all over Engineering, from portable analog cell phones, to analog mobile phones, to OnStar (several iterations of) and Mercedes Benz E-Call2, to 3G cell phones.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
IT Support for a BofA Call center.

N0DIH, Im sure you are privvy to all the up and coming technologies in the cell phone industry. I recently picked up an XV6600 from UTStarcom so I could get on the EV-DO bandwagon. I love it, I cant believe how quickly one can surf on a phone of all things these days. Ive heard that with CDMA it actually requires hardware upgrades to the network which take longer to roll out, while with GPRS (T-Mobile, Cingular) all they have to do is software updates, but their system is slower (EDGE) and has some lag time associated with it.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Beerslinger Extraordinare and Listener to of all The Worlds Problems.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Circuit City's warehouse bitch. I mean warehouse associate.

I actually like it there, all the customer service people except one and most salespeople are douchebags, but the warehouse crew is cool. And $9/hr isn't bad.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Rackspace are certainly larger than us.
And we didn't do the full management stuff.
But now we do...
:want:
Well... if it gives you any idea...

I worked for the bank up until May of 2004... I returned to the bank in February of 05'... It was not my favorite job, and I was offered substantially more than I make now to come back. I think its a fine company, but the Backup department just wasnt for me.

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
They're meant to be very good. Although how much of that is their claim of fanatical support vs actual support I don't know.

We've had some customers of theirs move over to us and we've also won contracts against them, but I suspect that's due to their rather steep pricing as opposed to anything else.

If I wasn't in this business myself and was considering a company for hosting my business site they'd certainly be on my shortlist.

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Jesda: I bet the chance of you speaking to her is 1 in a million. Bet you get to speak to Jaime most of the time, lol!!! (assuming those are pictures of the actual staff in the first place!)

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
I am in design application support for Airbus in Hamburg. If designers have problems or questions regarding their design program, I help them out. Mainly CatiaV4 if that says anything to anybody...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Same thing for 30 years. I own a manufacturing business of corrugated paper inner packaging..those divider thingies inside the cardboard boxes.
Rock solid business as users keep throwing them away!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts