Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
2020 Cadillac XT5, 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that the initial CT4-V Blackwing production was limited to 250 units and the last digits of the VIN is inscribed on the steering wheel. I have number 202.

I can't find much in the way of build numbers on the web. Is there any total production quantity information available at this time. Have they built more than the initial 250 units as of February 2022? What are the number of M6 versus A10?

Tell us your build number.

· Registered
53 Posts
I have read that the initial CT4-V Blackwing production was limited to 250 units and the last digits of the VIN is inscribed on the steering wheel. I have number 202.

I can't find much in the way of build numbers on the web. Is there any total production quantity information available at this time. Have they built more than the initial 250 units as of February 2022? What are the number of M6 versus A10?

Tell us your build number.
Mine ends in 179

It's a good question though. The initial press cars all had the signature on the inside floor panel of the "builder" (or something) of the Blackwing. My car does not have this. So if i really am 179 somehow then i'm confused. Or the reviewers thought all 250 would have the signature but were incorrect. Anyone know anything more?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a good question though. The initial press cars all had the signature on the inside floor panel of the "builder" (or something) of the Blackwing. My car does not have this. So if i really am 179 somehow then i'm confused. Or the reviewers thought all 250 would have the signature but were incorrect. Anyone know anything more?
Same thing with my car Warren - no visual indication that it is one of the first 250 other than the number on the steering wheel. Perhaps it is a dealer installed item ?? Will have to look into it.

· Registered
11 Posts
My steering wheel says 46-007. Do your cars have a plaque on the driver's door sill that says "Crafted by Nicholas Rowe" or another person's name? I have nothing else on the car that says it's unique to the first 250.

· Registered
2022 CT5-V Rift Metallic
410 Posts
I think all the BWs got the steering wheel numbering. The collector series (part of the first 250 reservations) got the signatures on the driver's door jamb and sill.

There can be two cars with the same last 3 digits of the VIN. One would be an auto (41-xxx), the other a manual (46-xxx). One or both could be collector series cars. A pre 251 serial number could have been a stock order and not part of the 250 reservation process.

Vanguard, what is the color of your car?

The last tally for CT4- V BW transmissions I saw showed:

10 speed auto = 470
6 speed manual = 312

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think all the BWs got the steering wheel numbering. The collector series (part of the first 250 reservations) got the signatures on the driver's door jamb and sill.

There can be two cars with the same last 3 digits of the VIN. One would be an auto (41-xxx), the other a manual (46-xxx). One or both could be collector series cars. A pre 251 serial number could have been a stock order and not part of the 250 reservation process.

Vanguard, what is the color of your car?

The last tally for CT4- V BW transmissions I saw showed:

10 speed auto = 470
6 speed manual = 312
Thanks for that info shbox. My CT4 BW is Infrared, the last part of the VIN is 460202 and there are no plaques on the B pillar or sill. This car was built on November 18, 2021 so I have to assume it was well past the original 250. I am just very happy to have obtained this car - there are only 32 total allocations for Canada so far. I also managed to score the license plate BLAKWING in my province of Ontario.

· Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for that info shbox. My CT4 BW is Infrared, the last part of the VIN is 460202 and there are no plaques on the B pillar or sill. This car was built on November 18, 2021 so I have to assume it was well past the original 250. I am just very happy to have obtained this car - there are only 32 total allocations for Canada so far. I also managed to score the license plate BLAKWING in my province of Ontario.
Vanguard - nice work on having one of the few in Canada and on the custom license plate. I do wish Cadillac would have put at least one Blackwing somewhere on the outside of the car. I do enjoy that there are not many around. While I never cross shopped this with a BWM, I see BMWs everywhere and I like that this isn't the case with the BW cars.

· Registered
2022 CT5-V Rift Metallic
410 Posts
Yeah, the early ones were built back in the summer.
I see you are also on cadillacvnet. (y) Apparently neither 202 cars were collector series as the other one was Dark Emerald Frost (auto). No DEF cars made it in the first 250 because the color was not yet available.

Looks like your shipping time was relatively good. Lots of people have had terrible wait times from production.

I have a CT5-V with TPW for next week. :giggle: I opted for a little more interior space or I probably would have gotten the 4BW. Enjoy your car!

· Registered
33 Posts
Mine is 41- 082. no idea what this means
I think the software build also lets us know when the car was made too. Mine is June 2021

car has built by name on the runner board
it also has a door tag collector series with my number on the steering wheel.
my dealer said only so many made and that’s it.
he also said ct5 v bw is less made and Gm has paused them based on parts

· Registered
1 Posts
Mine is 41- 082. no idea what this means
I think the software build also lets us know when the car was made too. Mine is June 2021

car has built by name on the runner board
it also has a door tag collector series with my number on the steering wheel.
my dealer said only so many made and that’s it.
he also said ct5 v bw is less made and Gm has paused them based on parts
Mine is 41-073. Let me know if you find anything out!

· Registered
2022 CT5-V Rift Metallic
410 Posts
Mine is 41-073. Let me know if you find anything out!
The 41-073 is in the last part of your VIN. A 41 car is an auto and a 46 is a manual for CT4's. Your car was apparently a "wait list" car and did not get the collector series designation as it was not in the first 250 reservations made.

· Registered
33 Posts
I was told the first 100 are collectors , i dont know for sure . but i was mailed a package a box set about the car . its plackard and other info . here is a pic of plackard i was sent . take note of item on left side . it shows my car is 211 of 250 , yet my car is 082 made my guess is most got a standard transmission while i pick out a auto .

Attachments

· Registered
33 Posts
TY now why does my vin say 043 at end yet my wheel says 082 . from what i see the vin used is not the serial number either . im really confused now . lol . also my software date is march 2021 not june sorry for typo .

· Registered
2022 CT5-V Rift Metallic
410 Posts
TY now why does my vin say 043 at end yet my wheel says 082 . from what i see the vin used is not the serial number either . im really confused now . lol . also my software date is march 2021 not june sorry for typo .
What is the VIN on your dash and B pillar tag? Does it end in 82 and is it Electric Blue? Looks like your certificate has the wrong VIN on it. The 410043 VIN is a Satin Steel Metallic and was delivered to a dealer in Knoxville, TN. There have been some instances where the plaques had some issues. The steering wheel tag should match the VIN. Can't see how they missed that on the certificate.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts