Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Besides no jack stands and the fat dude under the car...

I am tired of fixing this thing!
Lets see.
Both valve cover gaskets, Thermosat, Steering rack, over flow tank to radiator hose, coil, and this one was the Crank Position sensor.
I still love the car and keep telling myself even if it is broke it is still Caddy and it is paid for. Just rolled 53,000 miles.
Damn 3.2...:thumbsup:
I am going to keep it though. I think everything is fixed except for the MAF pig tail and I am just going to do that this weekend before it bones me.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I have a 30 year old hydraulic that sometimes lowers itself. I always use jack stands. Plus I have a new hydraulic.

Someone in San Antonio was crushed last week when his car came down on him. Seems to happen about 3 to 4 times a year in a city this size.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
b careful....

i thought u had a 3 6...

..who took the picture ? lol

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mom was here on vaction and she was using it when the crank position sensor died. She took the picture.
Shortly after jackstands were placed under it. Go figure.
I usually use jack stands for big stuff. Like cam swaps, rearend change outs and the like. I was in a hurry and pissed off.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
if i'm in a hurry.... i let the dog in the picture below drive...

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
uhh juan... dont admit that u were checkin him out :lol:

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Here's a general question - and by no means am I intending to start a rant...What has the reliability been like with your (others) CTS? I have had a few issues but dealer service has always been on top of it, and many times:thumbsup::thumbsup: ahead of the curve. However, I have been reading comments and posts (like this) that these cars are not always pleasant experiences.

I bought this car (CTS) over a Jaguar X Type sport largely because I liked the look, the chasis, and I dreaded the possibility of living out the horror stories I was hearing about the Jaguar reliability and build quality. However, this service record of problems sounds equally bad to some of the things I've heard about Jaguar.

Let me know all of your thoughts. :thumbsup

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
I have an 03 CTS and my girl has a X type. (Knock on wood) We have both been lucky, her more then me though. $600+ for Cam Cover Seals a month after i got it. Since then no issues (knock on wood) There are some things about the jag i wish i had namely- back up sensor(beeper)/fine looking dash wood, the whole interior of that car is great, i guess the 08 CTS addressed the black plastic feel our interior has. The jag has little space though, headroom and legroom.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think a lot of the problems are with the 03. First year run of a car, with a newer engine.
I don't see as many people having "Driveability" issues with the newer cars.
I don't get nit picky with interior crap. I do, however, want the car to move...
I have had a bunch of GM and while I won't say this car is bad, I was bound to get one that would not always be happy with me.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
I think a lot of the problems are with the 03. First year run of a car, with a newer engine.
I don't see as many people having "Driveability" issues with the newer cars.
I don't get nit picky with interior crap. I do, however, want the car to move...
I have had a bunch of GM and while I won't say this car is bad, I was bound to get one that would not always be happy with me.
mine has always run strong....maybe you got a lemon :confused:

·
Registered
2003 CTS
8 Posts
Just remember that most of the posts are going to deal with issues someone is having. The "I love this car so much it hurts" posts are few in comparison. I'm actually looking at getting another one :eek:

If I roll home with another it'll be...:thepan:

·
Registered
2007 CTS White Diamond - 1997 Deville Silver Mist
289 Posts
There are some things about the jag i wish i had namely- back up sensor(beeper)/fine looking dash wood, the whole interior of that car is great, i guess the 08 CTS addressed the black plastic feel our interior has.
Actually, they addressed the "plastic feel" of the interior before '08. I have an '07 CTS with the 3.6 liter and it has quite a bit of wood appliques in the interior (center dash, steering wheel, door pull handles, around the shifter, etc). The wood accents were standard if you got the 3.6 engine - an extra with the 2.8 liter. I'm not sure which year the wood accents were added, but it really dresses up the interior.

·
Registered
2003 CTS.
40 Posts
ya gotta use jackstands........u gotta isnt even corssing your mind you could be crushed at any second????
found a new for sale site http://www.ctsforsale.com/ looks decent just getting started i think cause it doesn have alot of cars. just an fyi.,

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
momentary :hijacked:

^^ u've been posting that thing eeeeeeeeeverrywhere... plus its set as your 'homepage' ... :bigroll:

also... where in jersey?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts