Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in my other thread also. Thought i would start another to get more responses. This part is located to the left of the cruise servo unit. If you are looking from the front of the car. It has one elctrical plug, which does not throw a code if unplugged. It also has two vacuum ports.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Weren't you having vacuum problems in an earlier thread?

How does your cruise control work? I would think some sort of vaccum solenoid.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eldyfig said:
Weren't you having vacuum problems in an earlier thread?

How does your cruise control work? I would think some sort of vaccum solenoid.
Yep, Vacuum problems, that's it.. I choose to call it something different. But you put it nicer then i would of, so we will stick to yours. Cruise control works excellent.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
This part is your evap emission canister purge solenoid valve, part #214-565.

I believe it commands manifold vacuum to be switched on and off to pull in vapors from the canister to the intake manifold. It doesn't operate at idle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eldyfig said:
This part is your evap emission canister purge solenoid valve, part #214-565.

I believe it commands manifold vacuum to be switched on and off to pull in vapors from the canister to the intake manifold. It doesn't operate at idle.
One of the hardest parts i have ever had to find. I just found it. So, you think that this is unrelated to any vacuum leak? Or my idle issues? As i said, it doesn't throw any kind of code if it is unplugged.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Removing it could create a lean running condition. If your fuel trim can't compensate, your coolant temp may rise slightly.

Not related to a vacuum leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts