Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What is this part called?

457 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Crazyhorse

I have a 2000 Cadillac Eldorado ETC and some rubber inside of the front right shock has been squeaking like a mafk and driving me crazy. It's not the bellows part itself I think, but a rubber bushing/ring thing inside of that. Whatever it is it's very loud and making it hard to be stylish.

Is this the correct part to buy?

Thank you all.
1 - 2 of 5 Posts
Probably the upper strut (shocks are in the rear) bearing/insulator.,2000,eldorado,4.6l+v8,1361416,suspension

Jack up the front and extend the struts - shoot a stream of ArmorAll or Son Of A Gun up in there. See if it helps.

Cadillac Forums is full of Cadillac info for your Eldorado Eldorado Sport Coupe....... :sneaky:
Looks like a dust cap on the piston rod - strut has to come out to replace it. Drive the car.

Kicker is, those (ETC ???) VIN 9 CVRSS active electrical struts are made of Unobtainium and are scary hideously expensive IF you find them.

If that's strut oil leaking under that dust cap it's only a matter of time before you convert all 4 corners to Monroe passive struts and shocks. Basscatt is the resident guru on Monroe conversions.

ETC or ESC ??? Please update your profile - 2 VERY different cars, parts and service-wise.
1 - 2 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.