Registered
6,631 Posts
Looks to be passenger side?
Bezel,front seat back lock.
Check to be sure...

·
Registered
450 Posts
No need to lube it, the problem is that the excess seat back vinyl/leather gets bunched up in the lower mechanism binding it so the release lever is hard to move. Take the seatback off and do some trimming around the mechanism and it will be better than new.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
No need to lube it, the problem is that the excess seat back vinyl/leather gets bunched up in the lower mechanism binding it so the release lever is hard to move. Take the seatback off and do some trimming around the mechanism and it will be better than new.
I took mine off, there was no excess leather in the way. Mine isn't hard to move, mine is frozen solid in place. It doesn't move at all. It's like it's welded in place. I tried manually pulling on the 2 cables and there is zero movement in mine. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
mine are always hard to disengage I just thought it was the awkward angle of my arm pulling on the lever.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Might be two different issues, my was the bunched up material interfering with the bottom latch. Either way the back has to come off to access the latch to also put penetrating oil on the frozen latch.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Have tried moving the seats all of the way forward? How about having someone sit in the seat, push back on the seat, then pull the latch. This solved some of the older cars i owned. The the bottom latch would get wedged.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Maybe you guys have been doing "something" in that passenger seat to put added stress on the latch rendering it inoperable.
If so, congratulations, you studs. (y)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts