Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
STS
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DR2 4529 P MIR M MIRROR O/S LH & RH, REMOTE CONTROL, ELECTRIC, HEATED, LT SENSITIVE, MANUAL FOLDING, COLOR 970605 E 4 E A

I'm almost positive I dont have heated mirrors, and I am for sure positive I dont have light sensitive (if that's even what LT SENSITIVE) means.

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,239 Posts
DR2 4529 P MIR M MIRROR O/S LH & RH, REMOTE CONTROL, ELECTRIC, HEATED, LT SENSITIVE, MANUAL FOLDING, COLOR 970605 E 4 E A

I'm almost positive I dont have heated mirrors, and I am for sure positive I dont have light sensitive (if that's even what LT SENSITIVE) means.
Heated both sides and dimming drivers side is standard on STS

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac STS
85 Posts
I believe the Light Sensitive merely means there an anti-glare coating on the mirrors...wonderful invention!

Chris...

·
Registered
STS
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn. My driver side does not dim and I have driven rental STSs that have that and you can clearly see the outline of where it dims. If they were heated how would you turn it on, or does it do it itself?

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
I have DR2. The mirror heat is on the rear defrost circuit. If you have DR2 and your drivers side mirror is original, it should Dim according to the control for the interior mirror. It's in the manual.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS V8
613 Posts
Yes it should. I have that on my STS. I have the SE which is the first level luxury package. Mine also self dim.

·
Registered
STS
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK so I turned the rear defrost on and I felt the mirror and it did get warm. Not hot but noticeably warm. I know that none of my mirrors dim though. I will look and see which one of the RPOs is the one i ran that gave me that option and post it.

Looking at gmpartsdirect for mirrors though it does not give you an option for dimming or non dimming.

It only gives you options for folding or not folding, memory or not memory, and with or without side obstacle detection.

So since you guys have dimmng I would assume that means that all of them are supposed to dim?

·
Registered
STS
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yea.

Is the dimming just a feature of the glass? Meaning if I were to buy a new mirror glass that had dimming would it dim? Or is it something inside the mirror?

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,239 Posts
Oh yea.

Is the dimming just a feature of the glass? Meaning if I were to buy a new mirror glass that had dimming would it dim? Or is it something inside the mirror?

It is the same technology as the inside RV mirror in that an electrical charge can change the "transmissibility" of the glass ( I think it is called electrochromatic). Bottom line is that the rest of the mirror has to have the wiring and connector. Only the driver's side is dimming and it is standard.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,957 Posts
Light through the back window that hits a sensor in the inside rear view mirror will cause both the inside and driver's mirror to darken. This can be tested with a flashlight. There is also a sensor out the front side of the mirror that measures ambient light. Hold your hand over the front side of the inside mirror while shining a flashlight on the rear side. It is not instant, it takes a while.

·
Registered
STS
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just tried it and it does dim. Maybe it was a different cari remember seeing it on but I coulda swore that you could see a ring around the edge of the mirror when it was dimmed.

Maybe I will notice it on sometimes now but I have never noticed it before. I wonder if there is a way to make it more sensitive? I'll start by making sure the sensor is clean.

While were talking about mirrors, does any of you guys RV mirror have a red light on next to the Onstar medical button? Mine never did before but a week or so ago I noticed that now it has a red light on to the right of the Onstar medical button. It's stays whether I turn the mirror off or on. And whether the green light (on or off) is on.

Thanks SO much for all of your help guys.

·
Registered
2005 STS4 1SG
408 Posts
While were talking about mirrors, does any of you guys RV mirror have a red light on next to the Onstar medical button? Mine never did before but a week or so ago I noticed that now it has a red light on to the right of the Onstar medical button. It's stays whether I turn the mirror off or on. And whether the green light (on or off) is on.
Yes, I have the little red light from time to time. I don't subscribe to OnStar, and therefore don't have a digital-capable system, so I assume that the light is some indication that the system can't get a signal. I've ignored it for a year or two, and the car still runs great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts