Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2005 CTS-V and hoping to get some help or insight from people. I searched all over the internet for quite a bit with no results.

Just did a longtube header swap and 160 thermostat and tune,, the car was down for about a week. Got it all together and running tonight to fill and burp the cooling system. After driving it for a bit, I park it and there's water slowly dripping underneath. Except the hose stick out about 1 inch in the rear of the transmission tunnel and it open but it's like flappy (idk how to describe it). Comes from the interior so im guessing it's associated with the heater core.

It was slow dripping after an hour of the car being off. Coolant was low during my drive and is now full. Didn't change the dripping speed as I filled it. But it did come out faster when I squeezed the top radiator hose.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Water or coolant? I assume water. I think that's your condensate drain/drip tube from the A/C system evaporator and it's tray/housing.
Should drip clear water when A/C is on especially when it is humid out.

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
268 Posts
Possibly radiator overflow Reservoir hose?

Roy

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Possibly radiator overflow Reservoir hose?

Roy
Water or coolant? I assume water. I think that's your condensate drain/drip tube from the A/C system evaporator and it's tray/housing.
Should drip clear water when A/C is on especially when it is humid out.
The AC did automatically turn on when I drove it so I'm hoping and going with that for now. It had just continued to drip for a while and seemed to come out faster when I was squeezing the upper radiator hose.

The drip stopped when I checked it a few hours later, remained clear, and i have a 70/30 split of dex cool and water, and the tank is at the same level as when I first noticed it dripping. The amount of water that fully came out was around a half cup.

Thanks for the help also!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,854 Posts
A/C condensate drain. Common to make puddles in humid weather.

Now that you have messed with the cooling system (thermostat) do not be surprised if you get emissions codes and coolant temp low warnings. The engine is designed and calibrated to run at from 190 to 215. 160 is just about at emissions loop changeover.

Surge tank overflow hose in the rear end of the transmission tunnel ? Not.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A/C condensate drain. Common to make puddles in humid weather.

Now that you have messed with the cooling system (thermostat) do not be surprised if you get emissions codes and coolant temp low warnings. The engine is designed and calibrated to run at from 190 to 215. 160 is just about at emissions loop changeover.

Thank you!!

The ecu was tuned with the 160 in mind, so hopefully not. I havent driven it a ton yet.

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
268 Posts
[QUOTE="Submariner409,

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was AC also but when he said it drained faster when he squeezes the hose that's why I said what I did.

Roy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts